Wetherspoons

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date
Been 7 year since I was on the piss there and the boozers were grim as fuck. £5 a pint of pisswater tennants etc, every bar stunk of piss.

What i’d have give for a nice clean spoons with a £3.29 San Miguel.

Safe to say you went to the wrong boozers in that case.

Biggest pub in the UK is the Wetherspoons in Ramsgate (not Margate as I first said in this thread). Capacity of nearly 1500.....

Still probably only got 2 bar staff on and one working coffee machine!

Was in that pub last year.
It has a large balcony with a tremendous sea view.
You can almost imagine you're on a Mediterranean holiday .... almost (cos it's a Weatherspoons in Ramsgate).

Annoying places like anywhere that allows people to order at the bar

You can order from the app. You should know - you’ve bought me drinks

Walked past on in whitstable and it was previously an Art Deco cinema. Really nice building

They’d kept a lot of the original cinematography equipment and kept it in the pub. Was alright

Last edited:
You can order from the app. You should know - you’ve bought me drinks

Walked past on in whitstable and it was previously an Art Deco cinema. Really nice building

They’d kept a lot of the original cinematography equipment and kept it in the pub. Was alright
Ah yes peas and prosecco

I've not read this through.

Durham Wetherspoons seems to produce its odd collection of oddities from mid-afternoon onwards.

Passing through Durham towards Middlesbrough (enough to drive anyone to alcohol) on Wednesday, a pisshead got on my bus.

The drunk that got on was pure comedy. The driver bollocking him and told him to put his bottle of Lambrini away. So he did and got out another one. And he tried to drink it while trying to get the entire bus to sing "Always look on the bright side of life" while much of the Lambrini missed his mouth, poured down his clothes and formed rivulets all over the floor of the bus.

You just knew the stagger off the bus wasn't going to go well but somehow it seems he narrowly avoided face planting the pavement. A discrete photo had to be taken as I couldn't believe what I was watching. I'll post up when I can remember how to.

It's stupid o'clock and I'm going to bed.

Last edited:
I find with Spoons it’s all about the management. A good manager tends to keep the scumbag element out. A bad manager, desperate for the income, let’s the scumbags in and the pub quickly just becomes a shithole

Two sides to Spoons

Took father in law for a few beers the other afternoon ..... cheap beer and good craic

Went for breakfast with the missus (no) 9am in the morning and full table of fellas blind drunk and not stopping either

This was the Houghton Boars head

Was sat outside the deansgate one and on the next table were 3 lasses with a massive jug of cocktail. Tramp came slong n ran off with it!:lol: Night of his life!

Two sides to Spoons

Took father in law for a few beers the other afternoon ..... cheap beer and good craic

Went for breakfast with the missus (no) 9am in the morning and full table of fellas blind drunk and not stopping either

This was the Houghton Boars head

Had a breakfast in hartlepool one n few couples with babies on the piss at 9am, tragic.

Chelmsford one last week, after £4.50 shite lagers elsewhere it was £4.15 for a john smiths n a shipyard(present favourite). Cant go wrong really.

Its a cracking pub - ws in last weekend . Passed a couple enjoying a bottle of Moet . Dont get that in King Johns , Hartlepool :)

Me n our lass were stunned in there once. 2 scratter lads n a lass sat down with a pint n she calmly sucked one of them off, packed saturday afternoon!!!

I find with Spoons it’s all about the management. A good manager tends to keep the scumbag element out. A bad manager, desperate for the income, let’s the scumbags in and the pub quickly just becomes a shithole

True. Hpool one had a bloke called Alan who took no shit whatsoever.

Last edited:
Was sat outside the deansgate one and on the next table were 3 lasses with a massive jug of cocktail. Tramp came slong n ran off with it!:lol: Night of his life!

Had a breakfast in hartlepool one n few couples with babies on the piss at 9am, tragic.

Chelmsford one last week, after £4.50 shite lagers elsewhere it was £4.15 for a john smiths n a shipyard(present favourite). Cant go wrong really.

Me n our lass were stunned in there once. 2 scratter lads n a lass sat down with a pint n she calmly sucked one of them off, packed saturday afternoon!!!

Not sure if I’ve misread that. She sucked the pint down or one of the lads?!

I have been in King Johns once and that was when it first opened . It was enough . Dont mind Lloyds but rarely go down town now anyway . Seaton Carew is canny for a few sociables - little pub where th Schooner was , 9 anchors if you can get in and a new bar just opened a few weeks ago near the Chinese takeway on the Front - havent tried it yet

Wonder if there was any nurses in showing stockings.
I've not read this through.

Durham Wetherspoons seems to produce its odd collection of oddities from mid-afternoon onwards.

Passing through Durham towards Middlesbrough (enough to drive anyone to alcohol) on Wednesday, a pisshead got on my bus.

The drunk that got on was pure comedy. The driver bollocking him and told him to put his bottle of Lambrini away. So he did and got out another one. And he tried to drink it while trying to get the entire bus to sing "Always look on the bright side of life" while much of the Lambrini missed his mouth, poured down his clothes and formed rivulets all over the floor of the bus.

You just knew the stagger off the bus wasn't going to go well but somehow it seems he narrowly avoided face planting the pavement. A discrete photo had to be taken as I couldn't believe what I was watching. I'll post up when I can remember how to.

It's stupid o'clock and I'm going to bed.
Any nurses in, yyy?

I have been in King Johns once and that was when it first opened . It was enough . Dont mind Lloyds but rarely go down town now anyway . Seaton Carew is canny for a few sociables - little pub where th Schooner was , 9 anchors if you can get in and a new bar just opened a few weeks ago near the Chinese takeway on the Front - havent tried it yet

Just learnt of that new place this week, think seaton on the up.

Couldn't fault the Harrogate one mind. Beautiful building, £8.30 for 2 double gins and tonic. £21 round the corner at a hipster bar. No contest really.

Back