Wetherspoons: Pub chain tells parents to stick to two drinks...

Sometimes go in the Peterlee one if I’m off during the week.

horrific viewing watching the kids going straight there after school mind.
I call the one near me The School Canteen as it’s rammed with families after school. It’s cheap bait and drink brings out the worst in people and leads itself open to abuse by people who seem to think it’s acceptable.
Some families eat in there several times per week and the parents drinking too.
Now, I’ve not seen anyone mortal with kids but there’s got to be better ways of feeding the kids and better standards to set

I call the one near me The School Canteen as it’s rammed with families after school. It’s cheap bait and drink brings out the worst in people and leads itself open to abuse by people who seem to think it’s acceptable.
Some families eat in there several times per week and the parents drinking too.
Now, I’ve not seen anyone mortal with kids but there’s got to be better ways of feeding the kids and better standards to set
Is it any worse than taking them to macdonalds?

Yeah. It's about knowing how to act in a public space. I see parents out with a pint with kids in tow with a weekend meal all the time in meal pubs. Cheap drink is just more likely to attract folk who take a lend. I suppose it says something that a two drink limit has become a story. Normally folk don't have two never mind more than two on a family meal out in a pub.

Mind I've eaten in Spoons a few times and the atmosphere has always been canny even when there's been kids in. Never been too loud never mind raucous.

Back