Wetherspoons: Pub chain tells parents to stick to two drinks...

Yeah. It's about knowing how to act in a public space. I see parents out with a pint with kids in tow with a weekend meal all the time in meal pubs. Cheap drink is just more likely to attract folk who take a lend. I suppose it says something that a two drink limit has become a story. Normally folk don't have two never mind more than two on a family meal out in a pub.

Mind I've eaten in Spoons a few times and the atmosphere has always been canny even when there's been kids in. Never been too loud never mind raucous.

I have at least 2 pints on a family meal out. My Mrs is the slowest eater I know & I'll quite happily sit & have a few scoops while she doesn't devour her meal.

I have at least 2 pints on a family meal out. My Mrs is the slowest eater I know & I'll quite happily sit & have a few scoops while she doesn't devour her meal.
Fair enough. I did say most people and there's nothing really wrong in having a few beers with the kids in tow as long as things stay under control. I think it good that kids see that drink can be appreciated and not become a problem on occasion. But most people you see out in a pub with young family won't have even that.

Last edited:
We went to the one in Dumfries a few years ago and this practice was already in place. We had the kids with us and sat in the two drink family area and it was great.

Back