Wet Led Pubs - After Lockdown

I'm canny tempted to just leave it till May like

i'm not. i've got a countdown timer on for them opening in april. hope the weather is decent but it won't stop us. looks like a lot of places are preparing themselves with heaters and awnings and that

will be out on the thursday night with my lass hopefully for a couple
friday night with my da
saturday all day session with the lads

i'm not. i've got a countdown timer on for them opening in april. hope the weather is decent but it won't stop us. looks like a lot of places are preparing themselves with heaters and awnings and that

friday night with my da
Huddled under a brolley trying to keep dry and warm. Sounds class

Do you not reckon there's any cover like? Sounds class to me, can't wait. I've also booked similar.

dont get me wrong, it'll soon lose its appeal , but the first 2 or 3 weeks i think the novelty of pubs being open in sunderland for the first time in nearly 6 months will see us through. then after 5 weeks they open properly.

with the 6 people only rule, i've got quite a few different mates and family and that i'll be looking forward to going out for a pint with, especially if the weather is good

i reckon with the amount of gazebos and awnings and different methods of keeping people warm and dry when outside, it wont be that much different to being indoors as far as the virus is concerned

i'd be interested to see what the specific rules are.

friday night with my da

Not for me like

Booking tables a right faff on

Will have sly pint if I’m walking by myself b spot somewhere, about it

Not for me like

No need to book where I've been.. getting served harms taken a bit kk get but other than that fine.. cos it's my local.we have even taken to bring a blanket or a hot water bottle.. prepare for the cool evenings and you are sorted... Cosy as anything

Tim Martin is getting a big fuck off from me after this tbh.

CALLED IT.

Still got plenty of cash but having a very bad year

Didn't they raise a shitload from investors no that long ago? The Deep Fried Wurzel wants to buy loads of pubs that have closed.

Last edited:
Not for me like

We'll not be booking anywhere. Just turn up. If by some chance our locals are full we'll go somewhere else. Most places aren't taking bookings from what I've seen

Be curious to see which "Wet Led" (awful expression) pubs near me manage to open.
I suspect my favourite will, but their beer garden is tiny. Unless they manage to have the plot of land next to them secured for such a purpose again, then they'll be sorted.

That said how are you meant to get a drink if you can only sit outside to drink it? Go in masked up order and then skidaddle out?

This government having a laugh not extending VAT cut to wet led pubs. Most locals are wet led, it’s the city/town centre type pubs that mostly do food. Hopefully they’ve got enough support and access to cash to get up and going again come May and people who want to keep this local institutions spend their cash there rather then chain shite.

There are as many “wet led” pubs in towns and cities as there are serving food. Same applies in local villages...in fact i would suggest most in villages do serve food otherwise they wouldnt be able to exist

Back