West Indies

TheRey

Winger
Honestly can't believe how poor they've been throughout the World Cup. Came into it having played some excellent cricket against England, people genuinely considering them dark horses, the excellent Pakistan performance... And since then, have just looked like they can't be fucked. Been a real disappointment IMO

Definitely one of the big disappointments, especially being the T20 WC winners and also given the way they played recently against England in the ODI series.

Figured they would have a poor tournament, and they have.

Too many players who aren’t even fit enough to last 50 overs, and ultimately just not enough quality either.

Some of them are massive mind

I note that 4 of the biggest 5 hits at the World Cup have been by West Indians

Doesn’t surprise me. Two or three of them look to be around six foot seven or so and built like brick walls

Their fielding leaves a lot to be desired. Must cost them 20 runs each game

Really disappointing, Russell got injured I don’t really see how, raising the suspicion it’s that lazy syndrome, Gayle’s faults and lack of mobility are excused by his dynamic batting which hasn’t happened and the bowlers have had no idea how to stop the oppo batsman scoring.

I don’t think they are intelligent enough players personally

Some of the shots from that young lad were mad at times when they had the game in control

Just won a test series 3-0 in SL tbf.
Oh totally. And I absolutely didn't buy the shit that "we only won 3-0 because they're crap" - they'd battered Aus and South Africa out there. It was a fantastic result.

But our recent Test record - particularly overseas - is pretty poor for a side with our quality.

Honestly can't believe how poor they've been throughout the World Cup. Came into it having played some excellent cricket against England, people genuinely considering them dark horses, the excellent Pakistan performance... And since then, have just looked like they can't be fucked. Been a real disappointment IMO
They have looked like that for the last 15 years...

Back