West Ham v Dirty Leeds kick off 2000 Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Ultra HD

You can’t be a Sunderland fan if you wish that shit house well
David Moyes is a real human being. I do not wish him personal or professional ills just because he had a torrid time managing the team I support. Take a long, hard look at yourself.

David Moyes is a real human being. I do not wish him personal or professional ills just because he had a torrid time managing the team I support. Take a long, hard look at yourself.
No thanks I’ll keep my opinion of him, I’ll wish him nothing but bad luck throughout the rest of his career. He took the piss out of the club and supporters during his time here. He didn’t want to be here, didn’t give his all and signed his mates who were duds.

No thanks I’ll keep my opinion of him, I’ll wish him nothing but bad luck throughout the rest of his career. He took the piss out of the club and supporters during his time here. He didn’t want to be here, didn’t give his all and signed his mates who were duds.
You've changed me around Beetsy lad. I now judge Moyesey to be a contemptible creature.

How did he "take the piss" exactly? He actually walked without a payoff, and would have stayed to get the team back into the Premier League if Short would have backed his rebuilding plan.

Maybe you should aim your ire at the lazy, unprofessional footballers who were the scourge of the club.

How did he "take the piss" exactly? He actually walked without a payoff, and would have stayed to get the team back into the Premier League if Short would have backed his rebuilding plan.

Maybe you should aim your ire at the lazy, unprofessional footballers who were the scourge of the club.
Oh well that’s all well and good because he didn’t ask for a pay off.
He downed tools 2 games into the season because we lost to Boro, he couldn’t be arsed to try to pick up where BSA left us. He signed some absolute shite, Gibson, pienaar, love, Lescott etc.

Oh well that’s all well and good because he didn’t ask for a pay off.
He downed tools 2 games into the season because we lost to Boro, he couldn’t be arsed to try to pick up where BSA left us. He signed some absolute shite, Gibson, pienaar, love, Lescott etc.
No he didn't. The players downed tools. That is why he was laying into them, according to the stories at the time. He was appalled by the fact he walked into a squad full of lazy bastards.

So he signed all his OLD Marras

and by old, I mean Dead!
You think he wanted to have to bring them in? He was doing what he could with the farcical budget he was given. People forget that transfer fees pretty much doubled that season due to the new Sky deal. Short didn't see a sound business case to invest further, especially as his wife was giving him grief over it!

Back