West Ham v Aston Villa kick off 2000 Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Ultra HD

I can only imagine the crying about offsides that would have been given the minute VAR is scrapped. Oh you can also add in the glut of flags that will go up when an attacker is onside, a phenomenon from pre VAR days, that has now been eradicated.

You trying to say he was offside there man, I mean beyond parody :lol:

He was offside. They even showed it :lol:
I can only imagine the crying about offsides that would have been given the minute VAR is scrapped. Oh you can also add in the glut of flags that will go up when an attacker is onside, a phenomenon from pre VAR days, that has now been eradicated.

Eeeeeh Well aye he's offside, but not by much :lol:

He was offside. They even showed it :lol:

Eeeeeh Well aye he's offside, but not by much :lol:

Can see managers frothing at the mouth already in a post VAR world. Even on 'toenail calls' there'll be hysterical claims about bias and incompetence.

Bizarre, people fuming that you're given offside for being only slightly offside a d are demanding being a bit offside should be onside. I reckon if the ball goes over the goal line, but only by a little bit it shouldn't be a goal.

Clip of the penna :lol:

Or a margin of error should be applied and then if it's a mm outside the margin of error, there should be another margin of error applied to that.

It was good of Ogbonna to try and help Watkins stay onside by holding him back.

In all seriousness though they need to scrap the arm as a part of the body that counts as offside. It should be just the feet. Would cut out the majority of the current issues.

So you'd be happy with attackers stood closer to the goal than defenders on set pieces like free kicks. It'd give attackers a ridiculous advantage to the point where they could dictate where the defense positions their line. It'd be ridiculous.

What about when the attacker is a mm outside of the line of 'tolerance'. You'd have the same debate about 'margins'.

No you wouldn’t, as it would be outside of the margin of error therefore a factual decision

It's clearly not for you. Doesn't understand the offside rule and is always fuming about it :(

It's factual now. Doesn't matter how little you're offside, you're offside.

Not getting into this again, but that still doesn’t show the moment the lad played the ball, so it cannot be factual. It shows somewhere close to when it was played. An error analysis is needed to determine an acceptable bound for the error VAR introduces, as on a 60fps tv you cannot expect to be error free. 33ms error travelling at 10m/a crossing speed gives a 33cm error - so how can you be confident that the 2cm he’s probably offside today is correct? You cannot say it is factual at all, as it simply is not the case.
Or a margin of error should be applied and then if it's a mm outside the margin of error, there should be another margin of error applied to that.

Why would you apply a margin of error on top of a margin of error? Do you have any intelligence whatsoever to comprehend what error is?

Last edited:

Back