West coast of Scotland.

Cheers. I went and sat in the rain first thing for an hour and a half. Saw loads of herons but little else. I’m freezing now!

Might consider tea there tomorrow night. If I’m going to sit out, doing it with beer and chips appeals.
The pub in sheildaig, does nice food. We're staying in applecross next week, and will probably go round to shieldaig one day

Went for a forest / waterfall walk, so didn't bother with binoculars. On the way back, I dropped my camera in the car and went for a walk around the harbour. I was just expecting to do the usual tourist thing of looking at the outside of a few harbour shops and some boats. Glanced out at the water and there was an otter swimming about and diving. Too far away for a good look at it, but I saw one. I'm convinced if I'd had binoculars or my longer camera lens it would have been nowhere to be seen!

When we did the NC500 it was between lockdowns and a lot of the bars and restaurants were unable to serve food due to staff shortage. Also we had to phone up pubs the day before to book an allocated time slot especially on Skye.
The hotel at Kinlochewe was still operating a booking system even to go for a beer when we were there at the end of last month and the local eating place was closed due to illness so presumably Covid

The pub in sheildaig, does nice food. We're staying in applecross next week, and will probably go round to shieldaig one day
We'll be passing through on Monday and probably stopping in at Applecross for a walk with the dog and a pint, if you see a silver Peugeot Boxer camper, remember to wave!

We'll be passing through on Monday and probably stopping in at Applecross for a walk with the dog and a pint, if you see a silver Peugeot Boxer camper, remember to wave!
I'm leaving applecross tomorrow morning. Had a great week here, but moving on tomorrow. Sitting outside the pub is great, if the weather's nice, great views, and hardly any midges about too. Enjoy it mate. If the weather is dodgy, you might not get in the pub just for a drink, as most of the tables are for dining

Just back from a week in Lewis today. The Uig peninsula is without a doubt one of the most stunning places I’ve been.

Can’t believe I’ve got as old as me and just discovered the Western Isles.
I didn’t really care much for the south, a bit desolate, too many huge boulders and that was about it inland but still beautiful by the sea.

Back