West coast of Scotland.

I’m there atm. Kids are on the Jacobite steam train and I’m sat below Ben Nevis having a coffee as I have a 2/3h wait for them :neutral:

Weather has been atrocious tbf but still beautiful. Out on a boat tomorrow to do some fishing 💪

We did the speedboat on Loch Ness last week when I was there. The skipper reckoned he saw an Eagle lift a brown trout out of the water just a few weeks before.

Lovely part of the world. Stay in a little village called Plockton every year.
we go to New Abbey in November to see all the barnacle geese along the coast..drive up to RSPB mersehead on an evening to see all the birds coming in to roost..amazing sights and sounds
love the tide going out so far you cant see it..and gorgeous shell beaches.....one from my flickr page below

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
we go to New Abbey in November to see all the barnacle geese along the coast..drive up to RSPB mersehead on an evening to see all the birds coming in to roost..amazing sights and sounds
love the tide going out so far you cant see it..and gorgeous shell beaches.....one from my flickr page below

do you stay in new abbey ? went through there few years back and thought it looked quite nice.

My Dad stays at Southerness, lovely part of the world, but quite isolated for an 82 yr old

Back