West Brom

No. Think some are forgetting Chelsea were down to 10 men at 1-0 up. Some really good play and goals from West Brom but they would have been beat if the sending off didn’t happen.

They can but probably won't. They'll need four wins at least, possibly five from

Southampton H
Leicester A
Villa A
Wolves H
Arsenal A
Liverpool H
West Ham H
Leeds A
‘Only’ 3 or 4 wins required, they’re guaranteed a charitable 3 points from Wolves, who also managed to give Huddersfield 6 of their total last time out.

I think they’ll run out of games based on their form across the season but frankly this season I’m grateful there are only three relegation places. Plenty more teams ‘deserve’ to go down (and I include Wolves on that list, we’ve been dire to watch at times).

Just want this wretched fanless, soulless season to end (hopefully with all three NE teams in the same division for next season).

Unlikely. But if you're seven points off safety you're one good result away from being four points off safety.
If you were four points off safety you'd be thinking you might be able to do it.

Tackling, tackling.....ah yes I vaguely remember when that was allowed and carried out in football matches.
Those were the days. You could get closer than six inches to a player without him going down screaming like he’d been shot. And the likes of Neville saying “there was contact he had a right to go down”

Those were the days. You could get closer than six inches to a player without him going down screaming like he’d been shot. And the likes of Neville saying “there was contact he had a right to go down”

Neville and Alan Shearer are absolutely shocking for the constant "there was contact" irrelevance. Shut up you knobheads, it isn't basketball.

The screaming- I know its been discussed to death, but how did such a ridiculous state of affairs become the norm?

Neville and Alan Shearer are absolutely shocking for the constant "there was contact" irrelevance. Shut up you knobheads, it isn't basketball.

The screaming- I know its been discussed to death, but how did such a ridiculous state of affairs become the norm?
Much like diving, when refs didn’t stop it players just carried on doing it. And Shearer wasn’t averse to taking a dive now and again so it doesn’t surprise me that he’s an advocate.

Back