We're on our way - that's our song..

Been singing it for at least 18 year. Started early in the sols first promotion season

I remember singing it regularly on away days with the South Shields branch, long before the SoL. Almost 25 years ago, I reckon. We used to name wherever we going - "We're on our, way, on our way, to Burnley..." etc.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying it was members of the Shields branch (around the time of Trigger, Flanny, Mickey Bell Snr, etc) that made it up.

I remember singing it regularly on away days with the South Shields branch, long before the SoL. Almost 25 years ago, I reckon. We used to name wherever we going - "We're on our, way, on our way, to Burnley..." etc.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying it was members of the Shields branch (around the time of Trigger, Flanny, Mickey Bell Snr, etc) that made it up.
I used to travel with them. Happy days getting up to all sorts with Frankie W.

Oh, man, we used to have some laughs. I tell people today some of the stuff that went on, and they look at me like I'm some sort of lunatic - seemed perfectly reasonable at the time. Brilliant memories.
Yes - I will certainly know you. I used to tell my stories to other fans and you could tell they didn't believe me.

Aye Sandies in the 80's, I went on their dooley bus to the Milk Cup Final, 90's remix in the Reidy's.......

Aye Sandies in the 80's, I went on their dooley bus to the Milk Cup Final, 90's remix in the Reidy's.......

Went to Boro with them once, and they had an early lock-in, 7am (because it was a noon kick-off), in some pub in Shields (was it the Black Bull? Something like that).

So we travelled from Sunderland to Shields in taxis, at about 6am, to drink lager at 7am in pub full of nutters.. Then we got on the world's shittest bus down the A19.

Of course, the bus had no bogs, so anyone that wanted a slash (everyone) had to go to the front of the bus and piss in a pint glass. Then they'd open the doors, someone grabbed you by the scruff of your neck while you leaned out of the moving bus to throw the pint of piss out.

While all this was going on, two lads sat in the front two seats, casually eating cold black pudding.

Class days!

Back