We're in massive trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lankester Merrin knows a lot about local NHS and i trust what he says, especially when quite a lot of it is what i’ve heard bits about.

i agree with concerns over staffing too, if (when) this kicks off along with Winter pressures etc. then i dread to think how Primary or Secondary care can cope
For a T shirt salesman :lol:
Some real knuckleheads on here

As someone said though, most people don’t need lightbulbs replacing there and then, to meet all manner of guidelines and such for clinical reasons and for patient safety.

The lightbulb in my bathroom went a few weeks ago. I couldn’t be arsed to go out and buy a new bulb so I just used the hallway light and left the door open 🤷🏻‍♂️
What we need to understand is if this company charge private businesses a much lower rate. Someone mentioned Tesco, but I guess a like for like comparison would be how much they charge a private hospital.

Iirc, plumbers often charge a call out fee of around £70 before they even do any work, so £50 to change a light in a hospital (which might need changing on a Saturday night) doesn't seem unreasonable.

What we need to understand is if this company charge private businesses a much lower rate. Someone mentioned Tesco, but I guess a like for like comparison would be how much they charge a private hospital.

Iirc, plumbers often charge a call out fee of around £70 before they even do any work, so £50 to change a light in a hospital (which might need changing on a Saturday night) doesn't seem unreasonable.

I am sure they have the NHS’ eyeballs out because they think the NHS can afford it and that if they need it they can’t go without...seems like the blame should be on these companies and not the NHS IMO.

Well if you can't, you can't really say that you think the charge is extortionate, because it could be the going rate.

I wouldn’t pay it in my business, I certainly wouldn’t pay it at home , so yes I can think it’s too much to pay.

I’m using this as a minor example of waste of resources within the NHS , I’m glad that you disagree though , it highlights the thought process within big government ( tax payer )funded organisations.

Its fine when someone else has to pick the bill up , keep your head in the sand , it’s stopping you see the obvious.

I wouldn’t pay it in my business, I certainly wouldn’t pay it at home , so yes I can think it’s too much to pay.

I’m using this as a minor example of waste of resources within the NHS , I’m glad that you disagree though , it highlights the thought process within big government ( tax payer )funded organisations.

Its fine when someone else has to pick the bill up , keep your head in the sand , it’s stopping you see the obvious.
Honestly, disengage now as he ll chase you around forever and not even read the words you typed.

People in hospital in England up 50% in last week. Patients on ventilators up 64%

Nooo..

Don't show people how to get information on Covid cases, deaths, hospital admittances, patients in ICU beds, patients on ventilators, serology testing, PCR testing, testing capacity ...

That is broken down and graphically represented by Nation, Date, Date reported, Cases by local areas (7200 pop MSOAs) ...

Here is the local area map ArcGIS Web Application

It's all a secret!, none of this is published!, the MSM are managing us!

FFS

Nooo..

Don't show people how to get information on Covid cases, deaths, hospital admittances, patients in ICU beds, patients on ventilators, serology testing, PCR testing, testing capacity ...

That is broken down and graphically represented by Nation, Date, Date reported, Cases by local areas (7200 pop MSOAs) ...

FFS
I know - I had this ridiculous idea that if people had facts they could stop posting shite.

There are lot's of parameters you can stick into the equation but it's simply a mathematical calculation the same as the predicted 500,000 UK deaths earlier in the pandemic without the lockdown, albeit changed to 200,000 6 days later.

It's a 'mathematical calculation' in the sense that it's a prediction based upon known data, but surely you don't need one. Unless all governments across the world and the families of people died are in on some conspiracy there is some very real tragedy that underpins 'the 'mathematical calculation'. At least 40,000 people lost their lives in this country, and we're still in a situation where some families can't see their close relatives in care homes, and in some cases haven't seen them since March (imagine what that's like for frail old women and men, or people with mental illness), and then you have the disabled who rely on care workers to go into their homes and of course when they have to isolate they can't go.

So, basically, just do your bit to help. The government haven't got everything right by a long chalk, but that's no good reason to not do your bit to help the people in this country. Maybe the NHS app isn't what we'd like, doesn't mean you can't do your bit do try and help by downloading it and following the guidelines, same with social distancing and so on.

'Could be your Mam or Dad or Grandad or Grandma, but even if it couldn't be: why wouldn't people just do what they can to help other people.
It is. But we have a problem with compliance. And the problem with compliance is directly linked to the Government allowing their mates to break the rules with impunity

What a load of bollocks. Either you have consideration for the people around you or you don't.

You're not seriously saying that because Dominic Cummings didn't follow the guidelines then it's reasonably carte blanche for no one else to and as a result cost lives, businesses and jobs?

Last edited:
Nooo..

FFS

Am I right in saying more people were on ventilators well into lockdown than they are currently or have I got that wrong looking at the data?

Am I right in saying more people were on ventilators well into lockdown than they are currently or have I got that wrong looking at the data?
The peak was 3301 on 12th April so yes you are correct. The numbers will continue to rise but hopefully those sort of figures will not be seen again.

Looks right to me, they will 'lag' cases, then hospitalizations etc.

You can see we got down to 55 in the UK on 8 August...

... we are now rising steadily -and back up to 233..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back