were going to need a bigger boat

One of my main fears in life, even swimming in the North Sea would make me nervous.
Please don’t worry about being attacked by a shark. We kill far more of them than they kill us and it’s so easy to avoid being killed by a shark.

There is a very tiny chance you will be attacked by a shark anywhere let alone the North Sea. You are more likely to get really cold or consume some unpleasant sewage.

Please don’t worry about being attacked by a shark. We kill far more of them than they kill us and it’s so easy to avoid being killed by a shark.

There is a very tiny chance you will be attacked by a shark anywhere let alone the North Sea. You are more likely to get really cold or consume some unpleasant sewage.
I know that man, but they're always in the back of my mind. I remember in Crete there were nets in the water (to stop sharks from gobbling up holidaymakers)......I literally stayed in the most shallow water, scared shitless.

One of my main fears in life, even swimming in the North Sea would make me nervous.
I live in Oz, do a lot of open water swimming. It’s a very very rare occurrence to get get attacked by a shark. That said I did an event a couple of years ago where the swimmers were evacuated from the water due to a shark sighting.

I live in Oz, do a lot of open water swimming. It’s a very very rare occurrence to get get attacked by a shark. That said I did an event a couple of years ago where the swimmers were evacuated from the water due to a shark sighting.
For every shark you ever see in the water there'll have been dozens that have seen you

I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him and kill him for ten.
alreet quint
I know that man, but they're always in the back of my mind. I remember in Crete there were nets in the water (to stop sharks from gobbling up holidaymakers)......I literally stayed in the most shallow water, scared shitless.
Most attacks happen in three feet of water or less.

Stupid stat - as its just there are more of us at that depth

Like saying most people get run over by cars on the road rather than in the launderette

Last edited:
Never swam as fast as I did when I saw a massive tiger shark when swimming off the Barrier Reef. Much to the amusement of the boats crew... apparently they don’t bite, they just have a ‘nibble’ and are nothing to worry about

Back