Went and bought Final Fantasy xv

• Thread starter Deleted member 4700
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical of square enix. Finally getting the gameplay right but f***ing up the story after years of doing the opposite. Oh how I long for the days of squaresoft.
Yep they never seem to get it right. However the ending was, in my opinion, really well done and made it worthwhile. Plus if they stick with the bits of the gameplay that work I might actually let myself be optimistic for the 7 remake.

Incidentally they just mentioned yesterday they might show more of that off this year.

Typical of square enix. Finally getting the gameplay right but f***ing up the story after years of doing the opposite. Oh how I long for the days of squaresoft.
The story is unforgivably bad! Once you get into the more linear parts of the game it really hits home just how unfinished the game is. Have you seen the map for the Imperial continent yet? Totally proves how rushed that final section is, in my opinion.

The story is unforgivably bad! Once you get into the more linear parts of the game it really hits home just how unfinished the game is. Have you seen the map for the Imperial continent yet? Totally proves how rushed that final section is, in my opinion.
Still on chapter 3 mate. I don't want to ruin the fun I am having by doing the main story.

Still on chapter 3 mate. I don't want to ruin the fun I am having by doing the main story.
I'd recommend you stay away from the story driven sections for as long as possible. Work up to chapter 8 if you can as it unlocks more side content but don't go to 9 as it takes you away from the open world.

Yep they never seem to get it right. However the ending was, in my opinion, really well done and made it worthwhile. Plus if they stick with the bits of the gameplay that work I might actually let myself be optimistic for the 7 remake.

Incidentally they just mentioned yesterday they might show more of that off this year.
You fight Adamantoise? That was terrible! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend you stay away from the story driven sections for as long as possible. Work up to chapter 8 if you can as it unlocks more side content but don't go to 9 as it takes you away from the open world.

You fight Adamantoise? That was terrible! :lol:
:lol: No. I heard it takes hours so I've not even started the quest. Doing the legendary weapons quests atm.

:lol: No. I heard it takes hours so I've not even started the quest. Doing the legendary weapons quests atm.
45 mins. I'll not spoil it but it's nowhere near as awe-inspiring as it should be. :lol:

Just platinumed it. Trading in tomorrow while I can still get a few pennies for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first Final Fantasy and I'm loving it. Finished the story earlier on in the week but been busy the last few days so haven't yet gone back on to finish off the side quests etc. Maybe I'm liking it a lot more with it being my first and not really having any expectations, especially if the combat has changed from previous games can see how that would piss a few off.

The story to me is fine and I didn't have a problem googling a few things if I got a bit lost (Prompto's reveal, that part seemed very rushed:lol:) even found myself watching Brotherhood on YouTube.

This is my first Final Fantasy and I'm loving it. Finished the story earlier on in the week but been busy the last few days so haven't yet gone back on to finish off the side quests etc. Maybe I'm liking it a lot more with it being my first and not really having any expectations, especially if the combat has changed from previous games can see how that would piss a few off.

The story to me is fine and I didn't have a problem googling a few things if I got a bit lost (Prompto's reveal, that part seemed very rushed:lol:) even found myself watching Brotherhood on YouTube.

Play anyone of 7-9 if you like this. Available on most phones these days but very different games. I am enjoying this but not like I did those.

Not all that far in the story yet but if that is as bad as most reviewers seem to think then I can't see how this game has scored so well. 'Side quests' are almost without exception fetch quests, strategy in battles is pretty much none existent with no control over team mates other than the odd talent and the silent 5 minute car journeys, fantastic game design.

Just platinumed it this morning. Probably my favourite ff since 8. Enjoyed the story after piecing it together with the movie and the anime. Combat proper satisfying.

Reet. I am level 50 odd and on chapter 4. I have got loads of treasure but not much money. What is worth keeping other than the coins and notes. I am not using anything else at the minute but don't want to leave myself short later.

Reet. I am level 50 odd and on chapter 4. I have got loads of treasure but not much money. What is worth keeping other than the coins and notes. I am not using anything else at the minute but don't want to leave myself short later.

I kept everything but as long as you have plenty of magic made you can sell any treasure stuff. There's certain items Cid takes to upgrade your weapons but you can make a list of those items and sell everything else.

I kept everything but as long as you have plenty of magic made you can sell any treasure stuff. There's certain items Cid takes to upgrade your weapons but you can make a list of those items and sell everything else.
I will just sell the things I have alot of but keep some of everything just incase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back