Wembley travel and hotel plans

I'm driving to Peterborough on Sunday morning.

Return day ticket for 2 adults and a child with Tube travel card: £64
Travelodge Peterborough Central: £35
Drive home Monday morning

I managed to book a room at Premier Inn (The Hyde) Hendon (NW3) for £87.50 yesterday (for Sat night), looks no more than 10 mins from M1 & just over 3 miles from Wembley, parking reasonable £5/day.

If your not in Watford then more fool you.. I'm heading off from home at 5.30am Sunday morning.. Four n a half hour drive.. Praying the hotel let's us check in early.. If not then it'll be straight out to Watford for some pre drinking... Off to Wembley... Back to Watford to celebrate promotion :cool:

Trying to work out best option as most likely going to drive down and stay Sunday night after finding a return train with guaranteed seat (first class) will cost £588 for me and the little un. Last time paid about £350 back to Newcastle after which I then had to drive back to Peterborough for work the next day. Was worth the hassle and cost just for my boy to experience the lads at Wembley. I'm currently looking at best areas to find a hotel with parking and easy travel to Wembley. Any suggestions and advice much appreciated whilst also avoiding the M1 back on Monday.
Didn't work for me last time.

If your not in Watford then more fool you.. I'm heading off from home at 5.30am Sunday morning.. Four n a half hour drive.. Praying the hotel let's us check in early.. If not then it'll be straight out to Watford for some pre drinking... Off to Wembley... Back to Watford to celebrate promotion :cool:
You in Jury's In again ?? @Daffy checked in for CT and stored bags in lockup .. for returning after the match

@CatRyan coming back to Watford ?
Young guns having some fun ,crazy lady's on the run:lol:

Last edited:
I'm on the 3.50am Megabus from Preston to London Victoria, arrive 11ish. Quick bite to eat walking to Euston then train back to Preston at 7.45 from Euston. Dreading it.

Anyone help me on this post,

If I’m driving back to Sunderland after the match (let’s say I leave once we win in 90 mins) what time would I get back to Sunderland for? Factoring in traffic around stadium/London.

Meant to be at my birds birthday and wondering if I can make an 11pm appearance

Heard trains are going to take the piss with the ques

Can you not drive down and sleep in the van?
Wheres jess going to sleep?

Anyone help me on this post,

If I’m driving back to Sunderland after the match (let’s say I leave once we win in 90 mins) what time would I get back to Sunderland for? Factoring in traffic around stadium/London.

Meant to be at my birds birthday and wondering if I can make an 11pm appearance

Heard trains are going to take the piss with the ques

Be alreet if you follow a coach and get in its slipstream iirc

You in Jury's In again ?? @Daffy checked in for CT and stored bags in lockup .. for returning after the match

Young guns having some fun ,crazy lady's on the run:lol:

I'm in the Hilton. I've rang and they've said just turn up and if there's any rooms available I can check in from 11 for a price obviously

Premier inn Hayes Heathrow, only 80 quid for a family room for 4 with breakfast each, staying Sunday night! 5er for on site parking, 45 mins from Wembley on train!

Back