Wembley training kit etc.

Never said it did marra.

Just explaining why clubs with the same manufacturer and a simpler badge have sown badges, whilst we have stickers.

Quite ironic that people who love the badge complain about stickers when one is a direct cause of the other.
We had the badges embroidered onto kits for decades up until the last few years. The reason for the stickers is nothing but cost.

Yes and they looked shite.

It’s not cost trust me
Well they didn't, did they. They looked spot on and far better than the cheap tat we've got now which peel off after repeated washes.

Logon or register to see this image

It's another cut to overheads while the price of a shirt goes up. It's greed that is driving this, not a desire for better quality products. If they can sew a shield shape onto a shirt, they can manage anything, it just might reduce their profit margin slightly.

I don't particularly care like as I haven't bought a shirt since I was a bairn, but I do think it's a piss take that they're using these stickers now while charging 50+ quid a pop.

Well they didn't, did they. They looked spot on and far better than the cheap tat we've got now which peel off after repeated washes.

It's another cut to overheads while the price of a shirt goes up. It's greed that is driving this, not a desire for better quality products. If they can sew a shield shape onto a shirt, they can manage anything, it just might reduce their profit margin slightly.

I don't particularly care like as I haven't bought a shirt since I was a bairn, but I do think it's a piss take that they're using these stickers now while charging 50+ quid a pop.

Exactly look at the Latin, the ribbons and the club name, just as I said messy amateurish and shite.

Agree to disagree then. I expect to see a sewn on badge next seasons kit then.............

Smart as fuck that.

I think it's an Adidas thing. Surrey merch used to be absolutely class, even with companies like Prostar and Surridge, there was a wide range of gear and every badge was sewn on.

Since we switched to Adidas, it's the same plain shite you lot get, and again, a stuck on shield badge - even on the players shirts.

I know it's not a Surrey decision, because it's been raised with the Club (cricket gear is even more expensive than football replicas), and our CEO said it isn't our decision - and the club even offered to cover any extra costs of proper badges.

What annoys me is the Adidas badge and Stripes are sewn in, but our badge isn't afforded the same respect.
- even on the trousers.

Last edited:

You’re right mate, it’s all down to cuts. The reality is; as our stock has fallen, the big brands won’t make a bespoke shirt for us without it eating into our profits.

Hopefully the new ownership review our merchandise as frankly we are miles behind other clubs.

Smart as fuck that.

I think it's an Adidas thing. Surrey merch used to be absolutely class, even with companies like Prostar and Surridge, there was a wide range of gear and every badge was sewn on.

Since we switched to Adidas, it's the same plain shite you lot get, and again, a stuck on shield badge - even on the players shirts.
TBF, after Adidas stopped embroidering the badges on our shirts, they started having a badge in fabric which was then still seen on. The quality was ok.

It’s our new Nike kits where the badges are completely heat applied and it feels like the quality has dipped significantly. There have been a few training videos and stuff where they players’ kits have the badges hanging off, which just looks cheap and amateurish.

Last edited:
That was the spin mate. In reality, it’s just one of the standard Nike templates with a Sunderland badge ironed on by a firm down the A19.
it’s not one of their standard templates because of the striped back so they are technically bespoke because you can’t buy that shirt from the teamwear catalogue (but you can with the shorts and socks)

However, as Nike dealers, JustSport will have the ability to order a batch of templates changed for things like this, a non-standard colour etc. provided they are ordering enough of them to make it worth their while. Either that or they’ve been manufactured by JS in the Avec factory and have the authority to use the Nike branding on it but that wouldn’t explain why the infant kits are Avec branded.

Last edited:

Back