Wembley training kit etc.

Smart slightly over priced
I agree. The prices are a bit steep, like. Nice maroon polo shirts - but over fotty quid, FFS!
It’s because the badge is too messy complex and looks amateur as fuck when stitched on.

Stickers can be uniform and neat. Hence why Pompey have sown badges and we have stickers.
The badge doesn't look "amateur as fuck" on all the SAFC footy tops I've got in my wardrobe, going back to when the SoL opened.

These iron-on badges are a real quality downgrade, in my opinion.

Last edited:
TBF, after Adidas stopped embroidering the badges on our shirts, they started having a badge in fabric which was then still seen on. The quality was ok.

It’s our new Nike kits where the badges are completely heat applied and it feels like the quality has dipped significantly. There have been a few training videos and stuff where they players’ kits have the badges hanging off, which just looks cheap and amateurish.
Ah bloody hell, I totally forgot you'd switched to Nike! My bad :lol:

That was the spin mate. In reality, it’s just one of the standard Nike templates with a Sunderland badge ironed on by a firm down the A19.

No, no it isnt. Its a unique design just for Sunderland. Just like the 19/20, 18/19, 13/14 ones were aswell. Even when we do get templates we get semi-bespoke ones as they are in a colour configuration not available on Adidas/ Nike teamwear.

The only time we have ever been given a straight up teamwear shirt with a badge stuck on was the white Palace away third shirt.

No, no it isnt. Its a unique design just for Sunderland. Just like the 19/20, 18/19, 13/14 ones were aswell. Even when we do get templates we get semi-bespoke ones as they are in a colour configuration not available on Adidas/ Nike teamwear.

The only time we have ever been given a straight up teamwear shirt with a badge stuck on was the white Palace away third shirt.
To be fair, a template in a different colour from what is usually available is still a template. The manufacturer (or in the case of our current deal the Nike agent) has been able to obtain the template in a colour that’s not usually available to Non-League/lower-league teams because they are able to put in a large one-off order for it. It’s still a template.

To be fair, a template in a different colour from what is usually available is still a template. The manufacturer (or in the case of our current deal the Nike agent) has been able to obtain the template in a colour that’s not usually available to Non-League/lower-league teams because they are able to put in a large one-off order for it. It’s still a template.

Oh yeah its still a lazy way of making football kits, but you can buy a shirt knowing that its only available as a Sunderland shirt.

Cardiff and Watford both had the same blue teamwear shirt last season which is a bit naughty really. But I’m assuming we sell enough shirts that Adidas could justify changing the colour for ours as like you said we put a big enough order in. Unfortunately the sponsorship thing spoiled it and it sold poorly.

Logon or register to see this image

Oh yeah its still a lazy way of making football kits, but you can buy a shirt knowing that its only available as a Sunderland shirt.

Cardiff and Watford both had the same blue teamwear shirt last season which is a bit naughty really. But I’m assuming we sell enough shirts that Adidas could justify changing the colour for ours as like you said we put a big enough order in. Unfortunately the sponsorship thing spoiled it and it sold poorly.

thats the same as the Scotland lasses shirt only it’s in pink.

I agree. The prices are a bit steep, like. Nice maroon polo shirts - but over fotty quid, FFS!

The badge doesn't look "amateur as fuck" on all the SAFC footy tops I've got in my wardrobe, going back to when the SoL opened.

These iron-on badges are a real quality downgrade, in my opinion.
From Asics to Nike tops will. The scroll at the top had to be as long as the scroll at the bottom to fit the latin on. Honestly have a look and you'll see what I mean.

Diadora (of all companies were the first to get that bit right), but the Wearmouth Bridge is still the Tyne Bridge on them

Club's fault for choosing such a finicky badge when the SOL opened ;) I've noticed a tendency in football the past few years to redesign towards simpler, sharper badges, would possibly be worth the club doing that, especially if we can incorporate some elements of the old badge

Back