Wembley on a shoe string...

All those driving down where are you parking and how much is it costing? Lad is joining us Kings cross area so was wondering if any cheap/free places to park for him ?

3 of us travelling down on the sat and back on the sunday night for a combined total of £165

All those driving down where are you parking and how much is it costing? Lad is joining us Kings cross area so was wondering if any cheap/free places to park for him ?
He would be better parking at cockfosters and getting the tube into london

Last edited:
3 of us travelling down on the sat and back on the sunday night for a combined total of £165

He would be better parking at cockfosters and getting the tube into london
There are cheap tube car parks at Canons Park, Kingsbury and Queensbury (Sunday rates)
You can even park for nowt in the side streets around Canons Park and it’s safe is owt. (Howberry Road area). Plenty of spaces.

Watford is probably the best bet, but I doubt he'll get anything cheap/free unless he arrives really early. Metropolitan line into kx takes about 40 minutes.

I'm about 50p in profit or about 50p down depending on ticket fees.

I'd booked a travelodge for £58 (2 x £29) in August just thinking a weekend in London would be nice. Wasn't even sure what the Checkatrade trophy was at the time.

In the interim an ex-workmate has moved to Balham and offered digs for the weekend (with car parking). Sold the travelodge booking for £110 on Friday. Could have gone for more but I just wanted to break even. Buyer got a bargain because it's now £250.

£30 ticket plus fees, £2o diesel money. Happy days.
How long does that take to get down on the national express?
Depends on whether you have a knacker from South Shields up your arse.

Last edited:

Back