Wembley on a shoe string...

Hotel - £70 (for 2 nights!)
Ticket - £42

Free travel as driving down and as I’ve managed to plan my work diary to be in London anyway on the Tuesday work will pay for my mileage there and back!

I debated booking my meeting in for the Monday afternoon so that they would have paid for my hotel on the Sunday night as well but decided against that as my mates are down for two nights anyway and know my admin team they will book me in a hotel nowhere near I’ve requested!

So far i have managed £30

Lift free
Ticket free
2 nights in a hostel dorm £30 but it's refundable and might stay with friends in the suburbs.

Opening a new biz soon and every penny counts.

Booze from the supermarket.

Last edited:
Hotel - £70 (for 2 nights!)
Ticket - £42

Free travel as driving down and as I’ve managed to plan my work diary to be in London anyway on the Tuesday work will pay for my mileage there and back!

I debated booking my meeting in for the Monday afternoon so that they would have paid for my hotel on the Sunday night as well but decided against that as my mates are down for two nights anyway and know my admin team they will book me in a hotel nowhere near I’ve requested!

Do you get free petrol like?

Think I'll do it on less that £200.
So far -
£37.30 for mine and my sons tickets
£40 for 1 night in hotel
£32 Megabus down on sat
Lift home after game off my mate, will give him prob £30 petrol
£50ish spends

£544 for 2 x tickets
£244 - 2 nights in the Novotel
£188 - return tickets from Prestatyn

That’s for two of us mind

Vile!

Parking ya car at Crewe B&Q?... we were gonna do that like... it’s nearly £100 cheaper but couldn’t be arsed with the drive

I don’t know Crewe at all but if that’s a good place to park I’ll have a look cheers

Myself, Mrs D and the 2 kids
£199 train return leave Friday back Sunday
£208 hotel 2 nights with breakfast premier inn Harrow
£106 match tickets
£60 tube travel over the 3 days

Good to do touristy stuff on Saturday as kids never been London

Worth every penny !!

No - head was all over the place so I missed out on the cheap deals. Only staying Sat night as I don't want the bairn off school on Monday.

£114 Wembley tickets
£140 family hotel room on a room only basis (+ a possible £30 estandby upgrade for an executive room)
£214 open return rail tickets

Hoping to get the upgrade and we can eat in the executive lounge to save buying meals.

Well I disgraced myself this time around and over a grand shelled out already but is anyone managing to do it on a budget?...

... not after “I live round the corner and walking to the stadium”... but Transport, Accomodation for 2 nights and Ticket?...

Who’s got it cheapest?

I booked ahead and got return train tickets and hotel for 2 nights for £109 plus £39 for my match ticket.

Myself, Mrs D and the 2 kids
£199 train return leave Friday back Sunday
£208 hotel 2 nights with breakfast premier inn Harrow
£106 match tickets
£60 tube travel over the 3 days

Good to do touristy stuff on Saturday as kids never been London

Worth every penny !!

Here’s a link to a free place to visit, canny as well + you can wander around the city & StPauls area

London Mithraeum

£23.65 for ticket
£66 for one night accommodation
£124.50 first class train there and back

Multiply it by two like as the bairn is also down

Back