Wembley Flags

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Blackfell Mackem, Mar 28, 2019.

1. robcal

robcal Striker

Any ideas where you can get a plastic flag pole from?

2. Mr RAWhite

Mr RAWhite Full Back

I bought a Sunderland one from the club shop..

3. DH1 Mackem JN

DH1 Mackem JN Winger

The company is based in Poland so cheap delivery is 6 quid, if you want faster delivery, it's an extra 6. Still makes it cheaper than all English companies I've seen, though.

ultras1312.com | Tailor part of ultrasshop.com

gonzalo likes this.
  4. Aldyyyy

Aldyyyy Winger

I'm a proper flag snob me like and can't get away with printed ones, have to be proper stitched ones.

DH1 Mackem JN and lN5 like this.
  5. DH1 Mackem JN

DH1 Mackem JN Winger

I get what you mean.
    I think they do sewn ones but not sure of the price

6. Chop Sauce

Chop Sauce Midfield

Excellent effort mate.

Blackfell Mackem likes this.
  7. OohBaldyBally

OohBaldyBally Striker

Of course it’s still acceptable mate. Flying it with pride.

I’ve got a union flag with SUNDERLAND AFC and the old badge on it (the badge is much smaller than in the op) that I’ll be taking with me.

Aldyyyy, Chop Sauce and DH1 Mackem JN like this.
  8. Aldyyyy

Aldyyyy Winger

Flags hung about all owa Trafalgar square on the Saturday will look class :cool:

9. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

I've got a union Jack that I painted on Sunderland afc when I was in school I might take. It'll look crap compared to the printed ones like

DH1 Mackem JN and OohBaldyBally like this.
  10. OohBaldyBally

OohBaldyBally Striker

I prefer the authentic homemade ones to be honest like

Stubbs ftm, DH1 Mackem JN and Aldyyyy like this.
  11. BigGSta

BigGSta Subs Bench

Thought my satire was good but this is just as good. Mint effort

Blackfell Mackem likes this.
  12. OohBaldyBally

OohBaldyBally Striker

You’ve just reminded me. I have a flag with the writing done in tipex. One of the lads did it at school for 92. Would be class if I’ve still got that one in the loft.

Stubbs ftm likes this.
  13. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

I bought some white fabric pai t from the art shop up from the boro

I'll take it

My mates flag.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    DH1 Mackem JN and OohBaldyBally like this.
  14. Rip Van Fish

Rip Van Fish Striker

Nah, can’t be arsed this time mate

15. Get Into Em

Get Into Em Full Back

What's it like getting flags into Wembley? Do you need permission prior to going? Didn't bother taking it in for the CT final as it was covered drink from TS but I can't remember the rules about them.:oops:

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  16. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

theres a size rule, something like 8ft x 5ft or some shit. although no one checked mine

Get Into Em likes this.
  17. Dendinho

Dendinho Striker

I took mine to the CTF and they asked for the fire certificate and also measured up against a size chart on the wall as soon as i went in turnstile. No problems

Get Into Em likes this.
  18. Get Into Em

Get Into Em Full Back

Don't think I have a fire certificate for it. Probably not take it in if that's the case - don't want to take the risk getting an arsehole steward.

Edit:

Rules and Regulations

Just read this and there's nout to do with certificates:

"Guidance for Use of Flags

Wembley Stadium upholds the highest standards of Health and Safety. The following guidance is in line with the stadium’s grounds regulations.

- We know that many supporters like to display flags at football matches and Wembley Stadium will always be as accommodating as possible.

- Flags are not generally confiscated, however the obstruction of gangways, access routes, exits and entrances, health and safety signage and stairways is strictly forbidden.

- In the event of an emergency we must have all access and exit points clear.

- Wembley Stadium reserves the right to confiscate flags if they are very large or may compromise public safety, obscure someone’s view, a camera position or if a flag carries offensive, discriminatory or inflammatory messaging.

- Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

- Any articles that could potentially be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are strictly prohibited.

- Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.

Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations Published by Wembley National Stadium Limited 2007."

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  19. blackcat1395

blackcat1395 Winger

Will be taking the one in my picture :cool:

20. Get Into Em

Get Into Em Full Back

Did you take it into the ground last time mate? How were the stewards about it?