Wembley final under threat

Hulkster

Striker

In the end, where the final of the Euros is held will come down to what the government's focus groups and internal polling says.

Will it look better for them to stick to quarantining rules for VIPs and have the final move elsewhere, or to relax the rules for VIPs and call it a "test" and have the final go ahead at Wembley?

Last edited:

In the end, where the final of the Euros is held will come down to what the government's focus groups and internal polling says.

Will it look better for them to stick to quarantining rules for VIPs and have to final move elsewhere, or to relax the rules for VIPs and call it a "test" and have the final go ahead at Wembley?
Hulkster loves the Daily Mail, although it’s a bit liberal for his politics. Imagine linking to that shite.
Sod uefa, throw 2 fingers up at them and announce first thing tomorrow morning Wembley isn’t getting used for anymore games then.
Another Daily Mail believer 🤦‍♂️

I mean I’m surprised this didn’t come up sooner considering It’s the reason the Champions league didn’t happen at Wembley. And 21st postponement always looked likely. UEFA never have and never will be any better than the super league clubs. Exactly the same in that it’s all about money and power. And the fans can go whistle

Will it look better for them to stick to quarantining rules for VIPs and have the final move elsewhere, or to relax the rules for VIPs and call it a "test" and have the final go ahead at Wembley?

I was wondering about this yesterday, interested to see how it all unfolds

my thoughts were not that VIPs would want to avoid quarantine so much as the British Isles entirely while the variants are running amok

I mean I’m surprised this didn’t come up sooner considering It’s the reason the Champions league didn’t happen at Wembley. And 21st postponement always looked likely. UEFA never have and never will be any better than the super league clubs. Exactly the same in that it’s all about money and power. And the fans can go whistle

Indeed. Exact same issue as the Champions League, and that ended with the game being moved. Though there is a slight difference here in that Wembley was never the original venue for the Champions League final to begin with.

Unless UEFA specifically asked for VIP exemptions before the competition kicked off, then they have to abide by the corona-rules. VIPs are just as capable as anyone else of spreading the virus. Just look at all those Tory voters who were ski-ing in the Alps in early 2020 who brought the virus here in the first place!
Both the FA and UEFA should get their fat arses sued if they start changing things at this late stage.

And the bullshit they're trying to pull with "moving the bottles" in the post match interviews - threatening to fine players.

But not if its their religion, because they don't have the balls to challenge religion. But people's personal, deep-held views - yeah, fuck them.

Back