Wembley Apathy

Rained every time I been to the Lakes, but why do you feel it's an excuse man? Family takes priority good on you.
Nah I don't mate just using the parlance of the OP. He seemed to think a family holiday in North Yorkshire isn't a good enough reason to miss the game. He's wrong.

I once cancelled a holiday with a then girlfriend so I could go to Tranmere away. I didn't like her much anyway and we split up after that.

Regardless of supporter numbers, phases and timing of block releases.... I' am staggered at the number of absolute shite excuses I'm hearing from "MLFs" for not attending the final on Sunday.

Literally can't believe the excuses. Promised the wife I'd paint the fence. Next door neighbours cousins daughters kids christening, family holiday in a caravn park in North Yorkshire, wormng the dog...

Yes we were there 8 weeks ago but really?

It was 16 years in between 1998 Play-off Final and 2014 Man City Final!!!! We have no reasonable grounds to expect we'll be there again in the next 5 years.

Absolutely pathetic. We are not as big a club as we make ourselves believe we are.

65000 screaming Geordies have tickets in the home end.
You have been warned.

£163 same day return Alicante to Luton.

It's loss of earnings, that I can't justify, too and cancelling shows at short notice here is suicide. There's always somebody just waiting to jump in your boots and undercut you. The bosses here often don't see the quality of the act: they just see somebody who is willing to do it for €20 or €30 less. It isn't until people stop coming through the door that they notice a discrepancy.

Nah I don't mate just using the parlance of the OP. He seemed to think a family holiday in North Yorkshire isn't a good enough reason to miss the game. He's wrong.

I once cancelled a holiday with a then girlfriend so I could go to Tranmere away. I didn't like her much anyway and we split up after that.
Class

It's loss of earnings, that I can't justify, too and cancelling shows at short notice here is suicide. There's always somebody just waiting to jump in your boots and undercut you. The bosses here often don't see the quality of the act: they just see somebody who is willing to do it for €20 or €30 less. It isn't until people stop coming through the door that they notice a discrepancy.
Only jesting mate, I know the score over there and realise the loss of earnings and future work is the key.

No doubt I've seen your shows in one of my 50 odd visits but can't quiet place you.

Surely you can book leave or not take bookings?
I booked sunday off before Christmas when it was apparant that Wembley play offs were a big possibility.

Each to their own. I too am a family man with three sons. I would not opt for a tent in North Yorks over the chance to see my team at Wembley.

However I hope you have a splendid weekend and the weather is grand

Fair enough at least you admit it
Are you Sticky Vicky?

Only jesting mate, I know the score over there and realise the loss of earnings and future work is the key.

No doubt I've seen your shows in one of my 50 odd visits but can't quiet place you.
Maybe he should have said he couldn't make it because of work in the first place instead of making up a hard luck story about flights costing a fortune and taking over 12 hours to arrive. I was genuinely trying to help him, however he then conveniently ignored my posts when I showed him there were direct and cheap flights.

know a few people not going as they 'cant be arsed with the playoffs' but were at Wembley for the Checkatrade

i really don't get it. i can't see how a huge one off game for what we've been trying to achieve all season is something people aren't motivated for

cant wait me

This. I see this as a much bigger game than the checkatrade. In March I was down for the weekend away with the lads and didn’t really care about the match. This time, I just want to win and go home getting ready for Championship football next season. They do say if you win it, the playoffs are the best way to go up. And we’re due a win at Wembley surely! This losing streak can’t go on forever

All I will say is that I've been to all Millwall's playoff finals and can say the best one atmosphere wise was the smallest turn out one!

Just under 50,000 went to support us at the AWS (now Checkatrade) final v Wigan in 1999 and for our first ever playoff final v Scunthorpe United in 2009... But it was all wives, aunts, uncles, cousins, all the kids etc. etc. It was more of a day out than a football match.

The 30,000 who went to the playoff final v Bradford City in 2017 was more of a proper football crowd. What I would say the active fans. Okay, not all regulars, but people that tried to get to games when work and money allowed. And the atmosphere was so much better for it. It was pretty lively, topped off by a pitch invasion. Yep, call us scum etc, fair enough, but at least it was more in keeping with a typical Millwall crowd than aunts in blue curly wigs.

I reckon the real hard core Sunderland fans being there will be something in your favour. Fitting in with that 'just business - get the job done' feel I mentioned in another thread.

No one can judge Sunderland fans for not being keen on another trip to Wembley. It was bad enough doing it in 2016 and then again in 2017 - and that's with it being a tube ride away and a year apart!

Back