Wembley Apathy

All,people have to is they can't afford it which is more understandable than the excuses they churn out
I don't need an excuse bonny lad.
Shelled out a lot to bring me,the mrs and daughter over from the middle east for the checkatrade final.
Flights
Hotel
Tickets for CW at tout prices, in Pompey part.
A day in oxford street shopping for them two with the credit card

This time just too short notice as I have work commitments.
So will watch on the tele on Saturday neet.

Lads who cannot afford it, respect for standing up and saying so not an excuse but circumstance.
Anyone choosing to be in a caravan in N.Yorkshire need counselling.

Enjoy the day and hope victory is ours, Mad Bob is gannin.

The undercurrent is that many view the play offs as a failure, getting a second chance even though we're the 5th best team.
Saying that, promotion was the expectation and if it happens in the play offs instead of pissing the league nobody will mind in a few weeks.

Shelled out a lot to bring me,the mrs and daughter over from the middle east for the checkatrade final.
Flights
Hotel

Lads who cannot afford it, respect for standing up and saying so not an excuse but circumstance.

Can you let us know the result so we can get a bet on with the bookies at home please:D;)

I thought you were in Benidorm. Flights are costing between 30 and 50 euros and there's a boat load of times and airports to choose from. If I've mistaken you for Someone else ignore this.

It's Bank Holiday weekend. Normally loads of cheap flights but not this week.

Just checked again. I can get one for £152 but it's going to take 15 1/2 hours to get there and over 13 to get back. :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
It's Bank Holiday weekend. Normally loads of cheap flights but not this week.

Just checked again. I can get one for £152 but it's going to take 15 1/2 hours to get there and over 13 to get back. :lol:

Logon or register to see this image
why are you looking for flights to Heathrow? You´ve got Stanstead and Gatwick, Easyjet and Ryanair both have cheap direct flights. Half term is usually a good thing as people are moving in the opposite direction to us. However, going back on the Monday might cost a little more, but no more expenisve than what you are looking at and direct. I´m one of the many flights to Stanstead on Sat morning cost me less that 40 euros.

Last edited:
why are you looking for flights to Heathrow? You´ve got Stanstead and Gatwick, Easyjet and Ryanair both have cheap direct flights. Half term is usually a good thing as people are moving in the opposite direction to us. However, going back on the Monday might cost a little more, but no more expenisve than what you are looking at and direct.
£163 same day return Alicante to Luton.

Last edited:
Regardless of supporter numbers, phases and timing of block releases.... I' am staggered at the number of absolute shite excuses I'm hearing from "MLFs" for not attending the final on Sunday.

Literally can't believe the excuses. Promised the wife I'd paint the fence. Next door neighbours cousins daughters kids christening, family holiday in a caravn park in North Yorkshire, wormng the dog...

Yes we were there 8 weeks ago but really?

It was 16 years in between 1998 Play-off Final and 2014 Man City Final!!!! We have no reasonable grounds to expect we'll be there again in the next 5 years.

Absolutely pathetic. We are not as big a club as we make ourselves believe we are.
This is my excuse. Well similar.

Booked a break in the Lakes with the kids. They're looking forward to it. I'm not going to let them down for football. A decent Dad doesn't do that.

This is my excuse. Well similar.

Booked a break in the Lakes with the kids. They're looking forward to it. I'm not going to let them down for football. A decent Dad doesn't do that.
Rained every time I been to the Lakes, but why do you feel it's an excuse man? Family takes priority good on you.

Flights
Hotel

Canny excuses.

Back