Wembley Apathy

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Agent Zigzag, May 21, 2019.

1. Spenny

Spenny Striker

Wigan? I missed that. Was it a freindly?

2. Linus

Linus Striker

cluffy, rubberfacejnr and Spenny like this.
  3. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

Flights are expensive, Monday isn't a Bank Holiday so lose work time and I'm playing golf Sunday morning. I spent 400quid for the final last time, this time I'll spend 12 and be mortal watching on TV in the pub

4. Patch Lafayette

Patch Lafayette Striker

We were muted against Pompey as we’d all caned it the night before. We’ll be up for it tomorrow n Sunday!

For The Badge likes this.
  5. KubickiKoolAid

KubickiKoolAid Subs Bench

We really aren’t as big a club as we think we are, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s probably a good thing we’re reminded of that every now and then.

We’ll probably still sell-out mind, but there’s no getting over the attendance for the semi-final was underwhelming.

Ramona1234 likes this.
  6. Marko

Marko Striker

Sounds like it's a good job we didn't get to the FA Cup final as every team who does plays there twice in a few weeks, and God help us if we ever qualify for Europe again ! FTM

7. martin_s_buckley

martin_s_buckley Midfield

My sock drawer is in need of a tidy, and I booked it in my iPhone calendar for 1.30pm on 26 May 2019 back in February when we had Blackpool, Accrington & Gillingham at home in a week and looked odds-on to piss this league. As I'm a technophobe and unable to delete it from my phone, I must undertake that task at the pre-planned date and time.

Is that ok love?

8. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

I don’t care who is going nevermind those who aren’t.

9. dangermows

dangermows Striker

It'll sell out :lol:

@Nozs' Hat

10. JimmyQuinn

JimmyQuinn Winger

A lot of people seem unable to consider that some mightn't be able to stick down £100+ on attending a football game at 10 days' notice

(I'm going FWIW)

scuzzmonster, cluffy and rocky like this.
  11. KGC83

KGC83 Striker

What a load of shit :lol:

Chizno1, naughtynose, rocky and 3 others like this.
  12. Boris Bear

Boris Bear Striker

Some of the cry babies on here need to get a life

13. Manny F

Manny F Central Defender

We are. Playoff final or not this is a third tier game 230 miles away live on the telly 2 months after people shelled out for a Wembley trip and after the team’s automatic promotion campaign finished on a downer. Selling that out, or anywhere near, is huge.

Charlton ended with a late surge and even their most half-arsed fan can roll out of bed 10 o’clock that morming and have a wander over. A lot of them won’t even have to pay for travel.
    And there’s no getting over the attendance on Boxing Day was nothing short of amazing.

Sheep farmer and Jme like this.
  14. Another 6eething fuck nugget.

Chizno1 likes this.
  15. rubberfacejnr

rubberfacejnr Goalkeeper

Speak for yasel marra.

Nozs' Hat likes this.
  16. I went to an ice hockey match in Moscow where the away team, from Ukraine, only had 4 supporters. The lads I was with reckoned they would be students living in Moscow but originally from Ukraine. It was quite surreal but they had little flurries of chanting which was quite amusing.

blackcat1395 likes this.
  17. Keith S30S

Keith S30S Inside right Staff Member Contributor

Aye, I was at all of those. 8th time lucky on Sunday :)

Linus likes this.
  18. Dodgy

Dodgy Winger

I can't get a direct flight to Heathrow from here so the cheapest is about £350 with a stop. I will lose gigs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the cost of around £550, cos the £350 flight is Saturday morning at 12.40am. That'll also mean two nights stay in a London hotel and taxis to and from airport to hotels and Wembley. Add ticket prices, drinks, meals etc to that and we're probably looking at the thin edge of £1500 for a day out... less than a month before I get married. But aye, I'm making excuses, @Agent Zigzag :oops::oops:

19. alicante mackem

alicante mackem Striker

I thought you were in Benidorm. Flights are costing between 30 and 50 euros and there's a boat load of times and airports to choose from. If I've mistaken you for Someone else ignore this.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  20. hank williams

hank williams Striker

All,people have to is they can't afford it which is more understandable than the excuses they churn out

Fredericton likes this.