Wembley Apathy

Regardless of supporter numbers, phases and timing of block releases.... I' am staggered at the number of absolute shite excuses I'm hearing from "MLFs" for not attending the final on Sunday.

Literally can't believe the excuses. Promised the wife I'd paint the fence. Next door neighbours cousins daughters kids christening, family holiday in a caravn park in North Yorkshire, wormng the dog...

Yes we were there 8 weeks ago but really?

It was 16 years in between 1998 Play-off Final and 2014 Man City Final!!!! We have no reasonable grounds to expect we'll be there again in the next 5 years.

Absolutely pathetic. We are not as big a club as we make ourselves believe we are.
We'll fill our end despite those who don't fancy it.

You’ve just made these excuses up

No one knows yet how many tickets we’ll sell

You’re even worse than the so called MLFs tbf
Agreed.

Wouldn't miss it for the world. The thought of us winning there without me being present is absolutely terrifying. The disappointment of Wembley defeats are huge but the celebration would be like nothing we have seen since 73! Everything crossed

We have too many fans and not enough supporters
We have too many supporters and not enough clairvoyants. We only found out we were going to Wembley last Thursday night. People make plans months in advance and unfortunately they can't change them. Also some of us can't afford it. I'd love to go but I don't have the cash to spare at the moment.

Which games have you witnessed that at? Be surprised like, our support is normally quite a humble bunch.
against accrington two lads who said they were from shields were mocking accrington mates i was with for the soze of the crowds..saying the town they are from (sheilds) gets pigger crowds..
they also called me thick and irish..they might be right about that though...@:)

We have too many supporters and not enough clairvoyants. We only found out we were going to Wembley last Thursday night. People make plans months in advance and unfortunately they can't change them. Also some of us can't afford it. I'd love to go but I don't have the cash to spare at the moment.

Like i said had we gone up automatically this wouldn't be an issue, given the checker trade final recently, i expect a few who maybe would of been able to make it maybe a bit light in the cash department, and as you said people booked holidays etc etc

Whilst you've got to have every sympathy and understanding that some supporters simply can't afford it, the idea that the Play-Off Final has just sprung up out of nowhere isn't really valid.
We moved briefly into 2nd place, what? twice this season,? and spent the rest of the time firmly in the play-off places. The date for the Play-Off Final has been known for a good 12 months, so booking a holiday when it's on is fine, but it would have been done so as a gamble as the chances of Sunderland being in that final were high.

Last edited:
We have to win someday man even on the balance of probabilities.
Even the mags will win a game against us again at some point.
Winning mentality would say the longer we go then more likely it is to happen next time. Sunday is the tipping point. WIN.

of course distance is relevant..but if safc is going to hit its potential it will mean playing teams far away..
We have been putting the miles in this season and practically all sell outs.

Someone not going because they have to paint the fence!! I find that pretty amusing. I think he is telling fibs and cant be arsed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back