Well known people you have an irrational dislike for...

Cilla Black

Remember walking out of the Gallowgate end, after the play-off semi final, absolutely pissed off, I look up at the billboards opposite the Gallowgate and I see the old British Gas billboard advert of Cilla with a big smile on her face and a flame coming out of her thumb.....properly annoyed me.....

Every time I see her I think of Gabbiadini and Gates and my night, week, month, year spoiled.......
Funnily enough I walked out of The Gallowgate extremely not pissed off at all that evening. Couldn't get a ticket so went along with my (mackem) girlfriend and (mag) mate from school. It was about Low Fell, on the way home, that we both eventually felt the need to shout "GET IN" etc (with other various expletives). He stopped the car and was going to turd us out but relented and took us back home in the end.

Wembley was roasting hot and Swindon beat us with a deflection off Gary Bennett if I remember. Tony Norman played a blinder. Swindon got turfed out.

Were you also pissed off when 6th place Sunderland were chosen ahead of Newcastle to go up in their place?

The Hairy Bikers. Both come across as reasonable people, but they get on my tits.

Oh, and Jools Holland. There’s people you think you might get on alright with if you had a beer together and he’s one I wouldn’t even consider, despite loads of people liking him and or his shows.

It always strikes me about his shows that Jools himself is a tiny musical talent whereas his guests are godlike.
I might watch the show if the presenter was somebody famous in their own right.

Back