Well done Sunderland RNLI lifeguards

• Thread starter Deleted member 27423
  • Start date

RNLI HQ is here in Poole, do lots of training etc. They also have a nice cafe with a nice view over Poole harbour, used to pop in frequently pre-lockdown and always leave a donation. They are always happy to talk and give advice and assistance to the many folk using the water here.

Fantastic organisation.

RNLI HQ is here in Poole, do lots of training etc. They also have a nice cafe with a nice view over Poole harbour, used to pop in frequently pre-lockdown and always leave a donation. They are always happy to talk and give advice and assistance to the many folk using the water here.

Fantastic organisation.
Well done you for supporting such a great organisation

Lockdown hasn’t been kind to the RNLI, we have lost a few experienced crew and are looking to recruit more volunteers.
if anyone is interested for lifeboat Crew then gimme a shout and I can start the ball rolling as it were.
I'd do that. I'm 40 but I'm a marathon runner and up until lockdown swam regularly. I live in Roker, no kids and free time at weekends. I work in Sunderland also so free most evenings.
How could I get into it?

Fantastic organisation.
Seahams George Elmy spent her last years at Poole. After the 1962 disaster she was repaired and taken there, before being decommissioned in 72'

The RNLI appointed a new Chief Executive in May 2019, who is paid a yearly salary of £160,000.

This is disclosed in the RNLI annual report.

The RNLI appointed a new Chief Executive in May 2019, who is paid a yearly salary of £160,000.

This is disclosed in the RNLI annual report.

its a massive job with lots of grief attached. Boat crew get whatever kit we need, thr Rnli don’t cut corners, that comes with professionalism so if someone who brings that to the table has to be paid 160k then so be.
I'd do that. I'm 40 but I'm a marathon runner and up until lockdown swam regularly. I live in Roker, no kids and free time at weekends. I work in Sunderland also so free most evenings.
How could I get into it?

will send ya a pm

Last edited:

Back