Well Done Ross.

When the team was announced before the game there were people moaning that he had didnt know what his best team was or his best formation....You really must try harder......Even after the game, which was an excellent win and performance there are still fans trying to talk us down, its f***ing embarrassing.

Excellent performance? I beg to differ. Good result yes, acceptable performance, yes, but yet againt it was a poor start and improvement is still needed.

It’s a bit strange those who shout down those who want Ross gone as kneejerking yet after one good result it’s used as some sort of proof they were wrong?. Bit knee jerky for me that. I’m worried how bad we looked once mcnulty had gone off, large parts of that first half to Pompey were way the better team with them pinning us in our own half for large periods.

Massive massive result, performance wasn’t very good at times and we relied heavily on Willis ozturk and big Jon, mcnaulty is up there with mcgeady now as vital to how our season will go.

Unlike the minority on here. Im not a Ross out man

Im chuffed we beat Pompey who are supposedly one of the better teams in this division

Having said that, there's still a very long way to go and there is no way at this stage Im going to start asking the Ross out Brigade to eat their words.

Things can change very quickly

I sincerely hope that Jack proves the doubters wrong

That's four games now a lot of people wanted him gone after two games , the negative noisy minority will be livid as he has won the last two games it's all going wrong for them . The sack Ross campaign needs to gain more momentum as the more pressure he is under the better results he is getting - what a disaster . Seriously , well done Jack Ross you have been put under undeserved pressure and the team has come good for you .

Exactly this, some have acknowledged he has done well today but still plenty who cannot bring themselves to admit it was a good performance.....The usual boo boys round me were loving it when we went 1-0 down, they were confused as fuck as to what to do when we turned it round and went into the break leading 2-1.....One of them actually said "just means we will draw 2-2, no way we can hold on to a lead for 90 mins".....Fucker walked out 10 mins before the end, clearly gutted we were winning still.
Thanks marra, yeah totally agree, some fans are that negative that they just want us to lose or draw 1-1 and for Ross to get sacked, at times seeing the negativity on here is embarrassing. Oxford understandable we didn't win but people calling for him to be sacked is crazy after drawing a game, he tried a new system, didn't work out so has fixed it and gone back to 4 at the back. I think we have a stronger squad than last year and hopefully soon according to the Don we might have 1 or 3 new signings. Some fans just live in a negative bubble and twist for the sake of twisting.

That's four games now a lot of people wanted him gone after two games , the negative noisy minority will be livid as he has won the last two games it's all going wrong for them . The sack Ross campaign needs to gain more momentum as the more pressure he is under the better results he is getting - what a disaster . Seriously , well done Jack Ross you have been put under undeserved pressure and the team has come good for you .

Ross didn’t join SAFC this summer!

I’ll take your word for that, but BBC updates were saying they were playing much better than us as well.
Anyhoo, we won. Happy with that, and if Ross has us top at Christmas I’ll start to believe he’s got something about him. :p
You believe everything you hear from the BBC ,you mean you don't attend the matches and witness it for yourself .???
Ross didn’t join SAFC this summer!
The noisy minority can't have it both ways , last seasons failures are brought up time and time again now they don't count!!!

Last edited:
Performance on the whole wasn't great but what little football was on show today was played by us. Hopefully that win can give us a bit of momentum heading towards Tuesday night and beyond.

You believe everything you hear from the BBC ,you mean you don't attend the matches and witness it for yourself .???

You had no answer to my reply, so you looked for ammo for a bit of ad hominem instead! That’s pathetic.
Ross has been manager for over one full season now. You can’t arbitrarily decide to start the Ross clock this season and claim the Ross outers wanted him out after two games! If that’s not twisting the facts, I dunno what is.

FYI, I believe it was around March I started to think Ross didn’t know what he was doing and perhaps wouldn’t be able to take us to the next level. If you know one single poster who’s only expressed a desire to see Ross gone after two games and not prior to that, then name them!

This season after 2 games, your sarcasm is foolish! Do you remember where we were going into last season, obviously not because as you said you can't remember that far back, club gutted from top to bottom and we still came close to getting promoted when we could of ended up midtable or worse with that many changes, you sound like you just want him to fail and us to lose games so he can be sacked, we beat one of rivals at home and the Ross out brigade are frothing at the mouth because we didn't lose and Ross is still in charge!

I want Ross to be a success, in fact I'd be happy to have f***ing Pol Pot as manager if we were winning shit. I couldnt care less who is manager.

I didn't like his negative tactics that saw us blow a chance for automatic promotion barely make the play offs and not take advantage against a team that went to shit for 20 mins in the playoff final.

Anyone who doesn't include them and suddenly starts spouting Ross out brigade want him gone after two games are f***ing joking. Yes I know where the club could have went and what they went through but the thing is we were in a position where if capitalised on, could have finished.

Some people on here like to see us lose so they can say told you so. That's not me, I hope Ross has turned the corner and we make a few signings and he runs away with the league.

He deserves credit today but if we are not top 2 after 10 games then he is underachieving. He failed last year in his aims and targets and, often, due to his own errors. This year he has no excuses and deserves little patience. That said I hope today is the start of sustained improvement.

The noisy minority can't have it both ways , last seasons failures are brought up time and time again now they don't count!!!

Nice edit...

WTF are you on about - ‘the noisy minority can’t have it both ways’? What does that even?

Did they fuck, first 15 minutes maybe....2nd half they huffed and puffed and did nowt, other than Leadbitter nearly scoring for them they did nothing and we undoubtedly had the more threatening possession
I wouldn’t say they did nowt. They still had a couple of moments such as that pathetic shot wide when it opened up early in the half. I thought they looked poor in the final third though which was encouraging.

Back