Well done Jack Ross

KEV_SAFC_FTM

Striker
Ive been a big critic of Ross this season for his negative tactics but thought he got it spot on tonight.

We obviously played for a draw with his team selection and pretty much nullified Portsmouth. We offered nothing going forward, but it was a game we didn’t have to win.

Yes, our keeper made two big saves, but we really limited them in a hostile environment.

Credit where credits due tonight. But he will have to play it differently in the final.

Fair play to Jack. I think he has done a good job. When he arrived last summer, he didn't even have a full team and he had to use physios and medical staff to 'fill in' as players during training sessions. The club was on its knees and the relationship with supporters at an all time low.
There was a massive mess to sort out and, compared to recent years, I think this has been an enjoyable season. I would stick with him, whatever the outcome of the play off final.

Overall, I think he's been mediocre at best this season but he got it dead right tonight. That was a team that was ideally set up, prepared, and motivated to win the tie. Two clean sheets in a play off semi is very impressive. If we'd lost he would have got pelters, so it's only fair to give him credit.

And if we beat Charlton, he has done exactly the job he was brought in to do.

That was the first time I've seen us succeed like that. It was refreshing and brilliant, particularly against that shitty team.

Without McGeady lesser extent Watmore he did well to have the defence drilled well, dont forget we kept Pompey scoreless in both legs when we were shipping in goals the previous month....

Good performance no doubt. Credit where it is due. It hasn't changed my opinion on him however and personally i would find it hard to take anyone seriously if they did change their opinion on the basis of one game.

Clearly set us up well organised with a plan which is a positive, but we played dreadful football. I certainly wouldn’t want us playing like that every week.
I think the team fought for everything it was great to see he has definitely fostered a good mentality and team spirit.

Back