Weight loss thread 2022

Fast 800 and I’m in the gym every day. Even so I don’t know how I’ve done that much as my maintenance calories are probably around 2200-2400.

At this point I’m drained though
Take a few days off and get a good feed.
Well done though!

You’ll lose it in less than a fortnight. It’s just additional water weight. I lost 10 lbs the fortnight after I came back off holiday.

It took 3 weeks rather than 2 to lose the holiday heft but that's mainly because I've been lazy with the walking. Need to get back up to those 10-12k steps a day.

Watched an interesting Horizon last week ...Michael Moseley research calorie restriction and irs impact on longevity/ cancer.

Decided- as I'd like to lose 3 or 4 kg - to do the 5-2 diet.

Normal intake 5 days

2 non Consecutive days.....I'm cutting to about 60%

No sugar , carbs, ice cream , cakes, bread , choc , beer etc for those 2 days .

Heavier on the protein , fruit , veg , pulses nuts, wine instead of beer with meal

1 week in and feels good -

.... piece of cake actually the diet ( no pun intended)

Still 8 stone down but now the scales have stopped moving completely.

However my stomach is shrinking. I appreciate the biology of muscle being “heavier” than fat but it’s still weird :lol:

Watched an interesting Horizon last week ...Michael Moseley research calorie restriction and irs impact on longevity/ cancer.

Decided- as I'd like to lose 3 or 4 kg - to do the 5-2 diet.

Normal intake 5 days

2 non Consecutive days.....I'm cutting to about 60%

No sugar , carbs, ice cream , cakes, bread , choc , beer etc for those 2 days .

Heavier on the protein , fruit , veg , pulses nuts, wine instead of beer with meal

1 week in and feels good -

.... piece of cake actually the diet ( no pun intended)

I like Michael Mosley's documentaries and books and the science behind 5:2 (or internment fasting) sounds solid, but I just found that I lacked the will power to stick to it. What has worked for me this year has been to cut out as much processed crap and carb-heavy foods as possible (apart from a few pints at the weekend). Just try to stick to fresh meat, dairy and veg with a little fruit (which can contain a lot of sugar) and try to experiment with "meat free" options to reduce my overall meat intake.

I like Michael Mosley's documentaries and books and the science behind 5:2 (or internment fasting) sounds solid, but I just found that I lacked the will power to stick to it. What has worked for me this year has been to cut out as much processed crap and carb-heavy foods as possible (apart from a few pints at the weekend). Just try to stick to fresh meat, dairy and veg with a little fruit (which can contain a lot of sugar) and try to experiment with "meat free" options to reduce my overall meat intake.
Yes the key I think is sugar , carbs etc.

Some fruits are much more sugar heavy than others

Like all diets , it's only doable if yiu make it bearable .personally I find 2 days per week of no sugar , choc , chips & bread quite OK.

Also if you keep it sensible them you dont overcompensate on the 5 days

I find Fast800 easier. When I'm busy it's easier to forget about eating so I can manage with only eating once a day and fasting the other 23 hours...also because it's effectively one meal then 800 calories is doable.

After a few days I find my appetite adapts and I don't really feel hungry.
Take a few days off and get a good feed.
Well done though!
took a day off and put on 2kg :lol:

Subsequently I lost the 2KG plus another 1KG. I'm hoping to lose 1kg in the next couple of days and then I'm off on holiday.

Last edited:
Need 2.5/3st off in the next 3/4 months

Have done it before in lockdown1 where I cut all white carbs and exercised daily. Doing that again but with zero alcohol, certainly for January but perhaps even beyond
about 1.5 off but crashed a few times doing low carb. Did dry Jan and Feb

have started to stick with MFP and more weight training and feeling in control of it, didn't realise how important fiber and protein was!

I do believe it's almost impossible to give it your best shot if you're drinking any alcohol at all - but perhaps that's just me

Posted this on the SMB holiday thread but figured a more targeted post must be better.

Might be a daft question, but my mate wants to go abroad on some sort of fitness holiday and somehow, has managed to convince the wife that I should go. ( I honestly had nothing to do with it)

Anyway, does anyone know of any such type holidays? We initially were going to go to Turkey but the prices are crap for flights in April. We then though Mallorca because Palma is a good airport for both of us (NCL and London)

Probs heavy training during the day, Gym, cycling, kayaking , swimming, maybe even sailing and running (for him not me) then a couple of drinks on the night. Dont care if its quiet.

Open to suggestions.

anyone do this or has done this in the past? Dont want to go too far we are only talking 5 -7 days.

Posted this on the SMB holiday thread but figured a more targeted post must be better.

Might be a daft question, but my mate wants to go abroad on some sort of fitness holiday and somehow, has managed to convince the wife that I should go. ( I honestly had nothing to do with it)

Anyway, does anyone know of any such type holidays? We initially were going to go to Turkey but the prices are crap for flights in April. We then though Mallorca because Palma is a good airport for both of us (NCL and London)

Probs heavy training during the day, Gym, cycling, kayaking , swimming, maybe even sailing and running (for him not me) then a couple of drinks on the night. Dont care if its quiet.

Open to suggestions.

anyone do this or has done this in the past? Dont want to go too far we are only talking 5 -7 days.
Club la santa in lanzarote?

Trying to break the 220 lb barrier this week which will be 30lbs lost for the year.

Going to have a diet break this weekend as I'm heading back to the NE so that means my mam is going to force feed me stodge

Hit 220lbs after hols, back down to 212lbs, got weigh in tomorrow morning, don’t think I’ve lost owt this week as I’ve been less strict this week, just had a Chinese and was out yesterday on the drink.

Still training quite a bit tho so going in the right direction. Want to be below 200lbs before Xmas.

Starting to “sort myself out” today. I’m carrying 8kg more than I should be.

I'm really struggling. I was quite a heavy bloke seriously overweight, couldn't run half a mile. I'd lost 18lbs.. Was hitting the gym regularly, started hitting the 2 mile mark running on the treadmill, then I suffered a foot injury playing football with my boy and I started eating so much crap that I've piled all the weight back on.

Is there any advice on how to stop the cravings of eating chocolate, crisps etc, as my confidence is back to an all time low. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm really struggling. I was quite a heavy bloke seriously overweight, couldn't run half a mile. I'd lost 18lbs.. Was hitting the gym regularly, started hitting the 2 mile mark running on the treadmill, then I suffered a foot injury playing football with my boy and I started eating so much crap that I've piled all the weight back on.

Is there any advice on how to stop the cravings of eating chocolate, crisps etc, as my confidence is back to an all time low. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
What about calorie tracking?
Find foods that fill you up. Protein does that. Look at the gi scale.

Gained a kilo in weight.

But my measurements have changed for the better - increased chest, shoulders, biceps and quads, and my strength has increased too.

Chucking the scales out as they seem a bit redundant now.

Back