Weight loss thread 2022

Got on the scales this morning and it reckons I’ve lost 6lbs in a week. I’m aiming for half a pound to a pound a week, and lost 2lbs last week so 8lbs down in total but I’m deliberately trying to do it slowly so as not to affect my gym work too much.

I’m hoping it’s just me shedding the Christmas fluid, but if I have a bigger than expected loss again next week I might up my calories from 2,450. TBH these calorie settings in MFP were from the last time I needed to lose weight, at which point I had just rejoined the gym for the first time in 5 years (although I did have some gym equipment in the garage) so it could be that my metabolism is naturally higher now and I do need to eat more.

early weigh in, really should try and do the same time each week, but never mind.

didn't go full carnivore after all, decided i didn't want to risk the full on shits so reduced my carbs right down ( apart from weekend, where had pizza of all things with my son for his birthday and a couple of pints )

finding getting my head back into it pretty hard atm to be honest, comfort eating has always been a problem for me, so when i feel down hit the fridge.

Anyway the numbers surprised me 218.8lbs from 224.2 so an approx 5lbs loss is kind of welcome, thought the birthday weekend would have killed any loss to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party due to illness and may not be able to do full on diet until I'm fully sorted.

Started last year at 12 stone 2 and aimed to lose a stone. I wanted to lose more but after 6 months I completely fell off the wagon.

Starting again this year as I want to get down to a normal BMI. I know it's not an ideal target but I've never been "normal" so it would be nice to achieve.

On the scales today and I'm 11 stone 1 pound so I've kept the weight off and I've set an initial target of a 6 pound loss which will get me to a normal BMI and then I'll see where I go.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Struggling still trying to walk a few times a week 3/4 miles
Into the fouth year
Since I lost 35 pounds
Put on 7 pounds it’s getting difficult again

Struggling still trying to walk a few times a week 3/4 miles
Into the fouth year
Since I lost 35 pounds
Put on 7 pounds it’s getting difficult again

I'm trying to do a walk around the estate a lunch time but that's only 1-2 miles so I'm only getting 5-6,000 steps in a day which isn't enough for increased stamina.

The plan is that with the days getting longer there will time for more walking before and after work (though the danger with after work walks is that they can turn into pub crawls). Last summer I would often get up early and try to get a few miles in before starting work. I just don't like tramping around the streets when is is dark.

I'm trying to do a walk around the estate a lunch time but that's only 1-2 miles so I'm only getting 5-6,000 steps in a day which isn't enough for increased stamina.

The plan is that with the days getting longer there will time for more walking before and after work (though the danger with after work walks is that they can turn into pub crawls). Last summer I would often get up early and try to get a few miles in before starting work. I just don't like tramping around the streets when is is dark.
Yeah the dark is not good for what’s under foot
the cold is fine however the rain is a no no we walk most days and nearly every day in the dry weather
however my wife had Covid last February and it’s effected our walking we walk together
still we can manage 3 4 or even 5 miles some days but imho we are still not walking enough
we only walk a route around the housing estates and are out about 1 hour 35 mins

What do you reckon is best for losing weight on your gut?

Mainly just running at the moment, 5km 4 times a week, and a bit of weights but not much. Also dieting but not on a sustainable plan as very hungry most of the time.

Was 13 stone 6 new year and down to 12 stone 13 now. Trying to get to around 12 stone but mainly just want the belly and tits gone.

Last edited:
What do you reckon is best for losing weight on your gut?

Mainly just running at the moment, 5km 4 times a week, and a bit of weights but not much. Also dieting but not on a sustainable plan as very hungry most of the time.

Was 13 stone 6 new year and down to 12 stone 13 now. Trying to get to around 12 stone but mainly just want the belly and tits gone.
When I was younger I did sit ups and press ups daily
start low and add daily it works

9.5 pounds down since 1 Jan which is pretty good going and feels sustainable. I haven't done as much exercise as I'd like but I've been really well behaved with the diet over the last 2 weeks with almost all processed carbs gone and increasing the veg to meat ratio is meals.

Last year I lost 1.5 stone by the end of April but then put most of it back on again over the summer.

When I was younger I did sit ups and press ups daily
start low and add daily it works
Sit ups have always felt like a real chore could never stick to doing them .
Been doing push ups for last 3 weeks and my arms and chest have toned up a nice bit .Belly and love handles look worse now 🤣
Cant wait for the long evenings again to get out of the house after work .
Live out the country side and no street lighting so limited in what i can do at the moment .

Last edited:
Been doing push ups for last 3 weeks and my arms and chest have toned up a nice bit .Belly and love handles look worse now 🤣
Live out the country side and no street lighting so limited in what i can do at the moment .
Just keep trying your best

Invest in a decent head torch. Alpkit do reasonable ones. Also get some reflective clothing.

Back