Weight loss thread 2022

Had no alcohol Tuesday-Friday last week. Did three walks and a run. This Monday -Friday, no alcohol and at least three walks, a run and two gym sessions planned. Got a night out next Saturday. Hopefully a decent two week start to January.

First proper day. Mushroom omelette for brekkie, tuna salad for lunch and veggie for from dinner plus a walk around the estate between meetings this afternoon.

Just need to stop myself nibbling.

Ive gone back to tracking food to try and gain a bit discipline. For years ive fluctuated between 14st.6 and 14st.9. Over the past 6 month or so thats crept up to around the 15st mark. Im a tall, broad fella so I tend to carry it well. I'm going to try and drop back down to 14st 7 or even a few pound less. Downloaded nurtocheck in the hope it helps me cut down on my snacking which does tend to be the problem, especially late at night

Dropped about 2lb in the first week. Started weighing myself 5 times a week first thing on a morning then taking the average to garner my weight loss. Nurtocheck helping me keep really disciplined

Going to start again Monday, got my shop booked in.

Gained a lot over the covid period due to supply problems and not being able to get a steady supply of what I want to eat, but i should have worked harder at it, my current diet has been crappy and really feel it, few issues back, aches and pains and the such like, so really looking forward to going back on to my lifestyle choice, hoping my plan B when its hard to get what I need works better this time.

Also want to try and do a bit of fitness this year, been stuck in the house pretty much all the time last couple of years and my fitness is very poor.

put on 20lbs over xmas, and want to drop from 220lbs to 165lbs, feeling bloated and guess the first 10lbs will be easy as i guess a lot of water weight.

going back off the drink, hit it a bit over xmas and it shows.

So posting here to regain good habits and hopefully being part of a group will keep me on track.

Was twelve stone when I weighed myself on the 4th which I was happy with . Need to get back exercising and tone up a nice bit . Double chin from Christmas gone already . Not going to weigh myself till the end of the month .
More what it looks like in the mirror these days .
Start of coronavirus I was 14 stone 3 so not too bad these days . Should be somewhere between 11 and 11 and a half stone I reckon but not too far away .

Dropped about 2lb in the first week. Started weighing myself 5 times a week first thing on a morning then taking the average to garner my weight loss. Nurtocheck helping me keep really disciplined

Is Nutracheck better than MyFitnessPall for tracking?

I've used MFP on and off. I found it fine if you live on pre-packaged goods as you just have to scan a barcode but becomes a pain when home cooking.

Is Nutracheck better than MyFitnessPall for tracking?

I've used MFP on and off. I found it fine if you live on pre-packaged goods as you just have to scan a barcode but becomes a pain when home cooking.

Its been a while since I used MFP so cant really compare. Weighing and working things out is always a bit of a pain no matter what app your using im guessing. Thankfully I have a Mrs who loves doing things like that so it saves me the bother ha. We use hello fresh 2-3 tines a week and all there meals are on nutrochevk which is handy

Its been a while since I used MFP so cant really compare. Weighing and working things out is always a bit of a pain no matter what app your using im guessing. Thankfully I have a Mrs who loves doing things like that so it saves me the bother ha. We use hello fresh 2-3 tines a week and all there meals are on nutrochevk which is handy

I just can't be chewed with weighing everything out in advance. My cooking style to more like finding something lurking in the back of the fridge and chuck it into the pot.

I started on Saturday. Weighed in at 16st2 which is the heaviest I’ve been in 18 or 19 years.

Looking to lose 1 and a half to 2 stone. It’s just eating crap that’s the problem so MFP should sort me out because I’ll have some sort of accountability.

I’ve been looking at the progress photos from when I lost a stone and a half back in 2019 and I actually look better now at 16st2 than I did at my previous starting point of 15st11 so obviously the fact I’ve been going to the gym 3-5 times a week for the last 2 and a half years (subject to COVID closures) has done me some good.

Going to start again Monday, got my shop booked in.

Gained a lot over the covid period due to supply problems and not being able to get a steady supply of what I want to eat, but i should have worked harder at it, my current diet has been crappy and really feel it, few issues back, aches and pains and the such like, so really looking forward to going back on to my lifestyle choice, hoping my plan B when its hard to get what I need works better this time.

Also want to try and do a bit of fitness this year, been stuck in the house pretty much all the time last couple of years and my fitness is very poor.

put on 20lbs over xmas, and want to drop from 220lbs to 165lbs, feeling bloated and guess the first 10lbs will be easy as i guess a lot of water weight.

going back off the drink, hit it a bit over xmas and it shows.

So posting here to regain good habits and hopefully being part of a group will keep me on track.
20lbs! I'm impressed!

Sleep pattern still all over the place not sure if its the change of diet , no booze or back doing exercise. Was awake from 1 to 5 this morning got so bored of looking at the ceiling was doing push ups in my room at 3 in the morning trying to wear myself out .
Knackered in work now

20lbs! I'm impressed!
lol am not, its always the same when i go back onto a "normal diet"

did a fair amount of comfort eating and drinking over the xmas, very silly and regret it now, 2-3 weeks of stupidity will take couple of months to put right I guess

I started on Saturday. Weighed in at 16st2 which is the heaviest I’ve been in 18 or 19 years.

Looking to lose 1 and a half to 2 stone. It’s just eating crap that’s the problem so MFP should sort me out because I’ll have some sort of accountability.

I’ve been looking at the progress photos from when I lost a stone and a half back in 2019 and I actually look better now at 16st2 than I did at my previous starting point of 15st11 so obviously the fact I’ve been going to the gym 3-5 times a week for the last 2 and a half years (subject to COVID closures) has done me some good.
2lbs off this week. It’s more than I was planning (I have MFP set to lose 0.5lb a week) but probably all the Christmas junk leaving my body (either that or my “base” metabolism is higher than my last stint on MFP).

3 pounds off in the first week of making an effort. Managed to do a walk most days and kept off the beer. Already feel a little less bloated.

Just need to find ways of not heading to the fridge every time I feel a little peckish.

Back