• Current weight: 12st 1lbs
  • Target weight: 11st 11lbs
  • Calories: 1900
  • Macros: 40/35/25 (carbs/protein/fat)
Exercise:
  • 10,000 steps every day
  • 4 runs a week
  • Daily weights + press ups / sit ups
I've recently had an Invisalign brace fitted to straighten my teeth and have noticed the weight coming off much faster. This will be down to the fact I don't have little mini snacks throughout the day that I don't account for in my calories - it's a bit of a faff taking out the braces to eat. Quite an expensive way of losing weight like...
How much did you pay for invisalign if you don’t mind me asking?

Managed to put 3lbs on this year up 7lbs since December, back to counting calories properly on My Fitness Pal and get back into some of the habits was following out of How not to Diet which I seem to have dropped.

Managed to damage my ankle tendons on Thursday, Friday at the walk in centre, no break but sent home with a foot I can’t walk on and a flea in me lug saying just rest, jeez man never had pain like it, looks like someone’s inflated me foot with a car pump 😂

managed no more than 3,000 steps since, never knew my missus was such as good servant mind.
Gonna put on 3 stone like

Managed to damage my ankle tendons on Thursday, Friday at the walk in centre, no break but sent home with a foot I can’t walk on and a flea in me lug saying just rest, jeez man never had pain like it, looks like someone’s inflated me foot with a car pump 😂

managed no more than 3,000 steps since, never knew my missus was such as good servant mind.
Gonna put on 3 stone like

Hope you get sorted soon. 👍

The great weigh in continues. First week back on the wagon after illness and I've lost the pound I'd put on.

I'm 11 stone 5 pounds now. Another three pounds and I will have lost a stone which I will be chuffed about.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Bit confused here like. Lost 13lb in the 3 weeks running upto Friday. Had a drink Saturday which meant I equalled my calories for the day, ate a canny bit on Saturday and Sunday ( probably ate 2-3k more calories than I need to maintain).

Back to my - 2500 deficit on Monday and Tuesday, weighed myself this morning and I had put 5lbs on. I'm sure my scales are taking the piss with the amount they vary. Should have been 1 maybe 2 lbs more at the absolute most.

Bit confused here like. Lost 13lb in the 3 weeks running upto Friday. Had a drink Saturday which meant I equalled my calories for the day, ate a canny bit on Saturday and Sunday ( probably ate 2-3k more calories than I need to maintain).

Back to my - 2500 deficit on Monday and Tuesday, weighed myself this morning and I had put 5lbs on. I'm sure my scales are taking the piss with the amount they vary. Should have been 1 maybe 2 lbs more at the absolute most.
it'll be water retention. happens to me. i finished my bike ride on sunday after boozing on saturday, by sunday night the scales said i was 8lb heavier from 1pm! i'm back to normal today, just.

it'll be water retention. happens to me. i finished my bike ride on sunday after boozing on saturday, by sunday night the scales said i was 8lb heavier from 1pm! i'm back to normal today, just.
It better be mate. Been grafting really hard to lose it like and sometimes you end up heavier it's madness.

Another 1.1kg lost, the last 3 weeks I’ve been having saturday as a cheat day and it’s still steadily coming off so happy enough.

That's a cracking result. 👍
Had a few not so good food days recently however total loss now stands at 27lbs since early January. So 4lbs off since 23rd Feb update on here. 5 inches off the waistline as well which is where I can really tell the difference.

Everyone has blips but the trick is to just keep on and accept the blips as part of it, it's still a fabulous achievement.

Good luck!

Last edited:
It better be mate. Been grafting really hard to lose it like and sometimes you end up heavier it's madness.
it's probably the type of things you ate too. Drink = sugars. By dropping weight you've been depleting the glyogen in the muscles, bam, big hit of carbs/sugars refills them, higher carb diets also hold onto water. Crisps/nuts with the drink? Takeaway? all salty foods = water retention. These blips are perfectly normal, just keep tracking and making sure the general trend is downwards.

I tend to lose 2-3lbs during the week then put back on a lb over the weekend due to having a few beers etc. but my geenral trend this year is dropping so I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
it's probably the type of things you ate too. Drink = sugars. By dropping weight you've been depleting the glyogen in the muscles, bam, big hit of carbs/sugars refills them, higher carb diets also hold onto water. Crisps/nuts with the drink? Takeaway? all salty foods = water retention. These blips are perfectly normal, just keep tracking and making sure the general trend is downwards.

I tend to lose 2-3lbs during the week then put back on a lb over the weekend due to having a few beers etc. but my geenral trend this year is dropping so I'm fine with it.

Thanks for that mate, the drink was all dark fruits cider and the foods were Indian, chocolate bars, heavy carb foods etc so that all probably explain it.

Back