Weight Loss Thread 2021

7lbs lost so far this month. Target was 8lb for the month so on target for that.

Had to put another notch in my belt this morning as my jeans were in danger of dropping down.

Not doing anything drastic other than going for walk every day and eating sensibly with any fad diets. However, in an attempt to broaden my palate I'm going to experiment with something called "tofu" for dinner.
Honestly, don't do it. It's rotten.

Thought I'd buy myself a Concept2 rower to use in the house and lose some clem, only to find out there is a 15 week waiting list for one!
Got this before Christmas and arrived within a week, superb bit of kit and has kept me going whilst the gym has been closed.

Only lost 1lb so was feeling a bit demotivated with no change on the scales but I did my measurements with a tape measure this morning and I've lost 4.25 inches overall in January. No idea how that works!

Not exercised as much as I would have liked to have done due to the weather and I've been unwell this last week. I'm on the mend now though, so hoping to do more exercise in February.

Just been looking at my old spreadsheets - yes I am indeed that sad! I’ve even got one for the SMB somewhere from 2014 I think.
I was the heaviest I have ever been at start of this year. I’m now less than my heaviest that I was in 2020 and 2016. Decent week this week will see my under the peaks of 2019 and 2017.

I’ve gone from 104.4kg to 99kg in 15 days. Happy with that as I’m not strictly calorie counting yet, just being mindful of what I’m eating for the minute. Done at least 10000 steps everyday too.

Target is to get between 86-89kg and stay there.

Down to 96.3kgs this morning, lost just over a stone in January, running is feeling a lot easier, it’s a lot easier having restaurants closed I must admit, takeaways don’t bother me so much.

Down to 96.3kgs this morning, lost just over a stone in January, running is feeling a lot easier, it’s a lot easier having restaurants closed I must admit, takeaways don’t bother me so much.
Over a stone and a quarter - good going. You’re a kilo ahead of me so I must get my finger out. I’m looking forward to being able to declare myself officially not obese!

Over a stone and a quarter - good going. You’re a kilo ahead of me so I must get my finger out. I’m looking forward to being able to declare myself officially not obese!

Getting there aye, January is usually an inflated figure for me because I drink a lot over Christmas so losing the bloat is easy enough, it’ll take roughly 10 weeks to get to about 14, then I’ll see what’s what.

Just been looking at my old spreadsheets - yes I am indeed that sad! I’ve even got one for the SMB somewhere from 2014 I think.
I was the heaviest I have ever been at start of this year. I’m now less than my heaviest that I was in 2020 and 2016. Decent week this week will see my under the peaks of 2019 and 2017.

I've also got spreadsheet data going back a few years - though there are some big gaps. I only tend to record weight when trying to lose it. I recently got new set of scales which syncs to Fitbit so that should make it easier.

Like you, 1 Jan 2021 was my heaviest ever - in touching distance of 18 stone which is a shocking figure. First target is to get back to where I was last summer. Stage 2 is to get to 2016-ish by early summer and then the ultimate aim for this year is to get below 200lbs which I haven't been for many years. I think the secret is to set small and achievable micro-targets. If you just aim to lose 4 stone then you will almost certainly fail.

I've also got spreadsheet data going back a few years - though there are some big gaps. I only tend to record weight when trying to lose it. I recently got new set of scales which syncs to Fitbit so that should make it easier.

Like you, 1 Jan 2021 was my heaviest ever - in touching distance of 18 stone which is a shocking figure. First target is to get back to where I was last summer. Stage 2 is to get to 2016-ish by early summer and then the ultimate aim for this year is to get below 200lbs which I haven't been for many years. I think the secret is to set small and achievable micro-targets. If you just aim to lose 4 stone then you will almost certainly fail.

That's what I'm doing. I'm aiming for 11.5 stone then when I reach it 11 etc etc. Far easier that way and keeps you motivated to the next milestone.

I set myself a few little targets each week. So last week was to get over 6kgs lost, get past a stone, get under 99kgs, get over 7kgs lost and lose 1.5kgs in the week. Obviously they all follow each other. I hit the first 4 but didn’t get 1.5kgs off - 1.2 - but because I hit 4 out of 5 it is still a good week and keeps me motivated.
Set myself 4 targets this week.
The other thing I am doing is cooking a lot from scratch. Loads of mainly veggie stuff. Enough for dinner and 2 or 3 portions in the freezer. Cheap as chips, fills time and means I’ve constantly got a freezer full of good stuff in case I can’t be bothered and end up grabbing a pizza or something.

Last edited:
I set myself a few little targets each week. So last week was to get over 6kgs lost, get past a stone, get under 99kgs, get over 7kgs lost and lose 1.5kgs in the week. Obviously they all follow each other. I hit the first 4 but didn’t get 1.5kgs off - 1.2 - but because I hit 4 out of 5 it is still a good week and keeps me motivated.
Set myself 4 targets this week.
The other thing I am doing is cooking a lot from scratch. Loads of mainly veggie stuff. Enough for dinner and 2 or 3 portions in the freezer. Cheap as chips, fills time and means I’ve constantly got a freezer full of good stuff in case I can’t be bothered and end up grabbing a pizza or something.

My main achievement has been going 3 weeks without any cheese since I finished what I had left from the holidays. I'm a total cheesoholic so I have to avoid even going down the cheese aisle in the supermarket.

I've always been reasonable in the kitchen and hardly ever have takeaways or ready meals. My problem was always portion size and snacking. I'd cook a big curry/chilli intending to save the rest for another day (they always taste better after being allowed to mature in the fridge) but I'd find myself going back for seconds. Also trying to reduce the amount of meat and white carbs and increase the veg proportions. Easy to use half as much meat in a curry or chilli and bulk it out with whatever leftover veg you have laying around. Reduces waste too.

Lost about 6.5lb so far and, after completing dry January, I'm going to try to keep it up until I get to my ideal weight. At the current rate, I reckon that's going to take another 2 to 3 months. I do really well throughout the week, stuffing my face with fruit, but on a weekend I just seem to lose all willpower.

Great to see everyone else is making inroads. Inspirational stuff.

Back