Weight Loss Thread 2021

Lost 4kg since Monday.

24 hours fast Monday 12:30 to Tuesday 12:30..

16:8 fasting since and keto diet 💪

I tried fasting for 3 days. I had to fast for 14 hours each day which may be doable if you sleep at night but I don't and 14 hours was just too long. I'm now counting calories which is suiting me even though it's a faff.

I’ve gone from 104.4kg to 99kg in 15 days. Happy with that as I’m not strictly calorie counting yet, just being mindful of what I’m eating for the minute. Done at least 10000 steps everyday too.

Target is to get between 86-89kg and stay there.

I don't like the idea of keto. Hope it goes well.

Fair enough. I love the idea of clean eating, increased brain function, liver function, lower blood sugar levels and weigh loss. Its amazing.
I tried fasting for 3 days. I had to fast for 14 hours each day which may be doable if you sleep at night but I don't and 14 hours was just too long. I'm now counting calories which is suiting me even though it's a faff.

Thats fair enough getting 8 hours sleep really helps the 16 hours go by for me. I never really ate breakfast anyway either.

Last edited:
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has got one. I dont drink the ketone drinks myself although I have in the past. Ketones (not the drinks) make you feel great and help you lose weight. There was a great article in the guardian about the keto diet the other day.
Surely it's not an opinion if it's fact? Regarding water etc.

Surely it's not an opinion if it's fact? Regarding water etc.

At the beginning you lose a lot of water yeah. The first bit you lose is water then the weight loss stalls and you don't lose for 3 weeks or so and then the body becomes fat adapted. This means that your body then starts burning your fat for energy which is why you then lose so much weight. Its actually amazing the science thats involved.

I had quite a rollercoaster year in 2020. Lost a stone in Jan-March but but most of it back on during the first lockdown, had a better Aug-Oct but then stuffed my face in Nov and Dec so I finished only being few pounds down for the year.

The ironic thing is that I lost weight when the pubs were open but put it on when they were closed. Maybe it shows that drinking wasn't the problem.

So far this year, I have got rid of all of the crap leftover from Christmas, been trying to go for a walk every day and cutting back on my main food weaknesses which are bread, cheese and pasta. I haven't been doing Dry January but haven't drank much as I just haven't been in the mood for it. I'm mostly a social drinker so don't drink much at home anyway.

At the beginning you lose a lot of water yeah. The first bit you lose is water then the weight loss stalls and you don't lose for 3 weeks or so and then the body becomes fat adapted. This means that your body then starts burning your fat for energy which is why you then lose so much weight. Its actually amazing the science thats involved.
Nee idea what this keto thing is, not a fan of any of these diet fads.
Surely best way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat. That combined with a balanced diet should see you right?

Surely best way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat. That combined with a balanced diet should see you right?
Tyson Fury used Keto to lose over 10 stone. It is still a calorific defect diet like.

Keto isn't a fad diet its a lifestyle change. I had IBS before I started keto, dont have it now. I had acid reflux before I started keto, dont have it now. I used to fill my body with processed foods, sugar and refined carbs, I dont any more. Its all about clean eating and going into the state of ketosis. The way your body works is very clever.

Last year was going to be my comeback year... didn't go exactly to plan.
Did a half marathon in January and took 10mins off the previous years time then in March, just before lockdown I did a 50km run in just over 5hrs. I was about 14st7lb still carrying a stone or more than I should have, but it was manageable. Fast forward 10 mth and I was depressed, no motivation and 16st6lb. I've tried to be good since Christmas and I'm back under 16st now. Had my first run in ages today and it felt good, 4 mile in about 34mins.
Determined to be in the 14s by May for my 50th. I'll be a regular in here now I think and bomb the politics forum out. Positive mental attitude and all that 😉🤣😂

I’ve gone from 104.4kg to 99kg in 15 days. Happy with that as I’m not strictly calorie counting yet, just being mindful of what I’m eating for the minute. Done at least 10000 steps everyday too.

Target is to get between 86-89kg and stay there.
We have almost the same target and starting from almost the same point!
I lost 0.3kg at weigh in yesterday. Lost more in the last day however on top of my 3.3 the first week I’m happy enough. I think I will shift closer to 2 this week.
Last year was going to be my comeback year... didn't go exactly to plan.
Did a half marathon in January and took 10mins off the previous years time then in March, just before lockdown I did a 50km run in just over 5hrs. I was about 14st7lb still carrying a stone or more than I should have, but it was manageable. Fast forward 10 mth and I was depressed, no motivation and 16st6lb. I've tried to be good since Christmas and I'm back under 16st now. Had my first run in ages today and it felt good, 4 mile in about 34mins.
Determined to be in the 14s by May for my 50th. I'll be a regular in here now I think and bomb the politics forum out. Positive mental attitude and all that 😉🤣😂
We also have similar target starting from almost same weight!

Last edited:
3lb put on in a week and that was running everyday, think its probably water weight as with Veganuary am trying out a bunch of the new products with more salt than I normally eat, on top of that getting too much in the habit of grabbing handful of nuts everytime in the kitchen.

Back