Weight Loss Thread 2021

Absolutely insane cals like mate, just be careful you are not on them too long :)

Aye mate I try and mix it up a bit on a weekend and probably have 2500 Saturday and Sunday just to give my body extra energy / help recovery.

Usually do 3 to 4 weeks on this then a week of doing whatever (kind this usually leads to 3 or 4 takeway meaning I put half the weight back on! Haha)

Keep at it everyone, I’ve joined the ranks in recent weeks

Can’t face weighing myself, but am running 5k 5 times a week and have dumped the carbs and having the odd low-cal day

First sign of less tight clothes this week

Long way to go

O&D

Stats:
  • Total loss: 22 lbs
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Starting weight: 13st 3lbs (Jan 1st)
  • Current weight: 11st 9 lbs
  • Target weight: 11st 7 lbs (previously 11st 11 lbs)
  • Calories: 1900
  • Macros: 35/35/30 (carbs/protein/fat)
Exercise:
  • 10,000 steps every day
  • 4 runs a week
  • Daily weights + press ups / sit ups (can't wait to get back to gym)

Stats:
  • Total loss: 22 lbs
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Starting weight: 13st 3lbs (Jan 1st)
  • Current weight: 11st 9 lbs
  • Target weight: 11st 7 lbs (previously 11st 11 lbs)
  • Calories: 1900
  • Macros: 35/35/30 (carbs/protein/fat)
Exercise:
  • 10,000 steps every day
  • 4 runs a week
  • Daily weights + press ups / sit ups (can't wait to get back to gym)
Excellent post but your starting weight will be many people's target weight...

Was 19.11lb.
Now 16.11

About 7 months doing low carb. Was quite happy doing my 10k steps most days but watched the documentary on bbc1 last week and it suggested 3 x 10 minutes at higher intensity were more effective than 10k steps. Living close to the Tyne gives me good opportunity to get up n down plenty stairs and hills to intensify my walks. I walk an hour a day now which incorporates the 3 x 10m at higher intensity ("active 10" app)
Aiming for 15 (but could likely be less) as a target. Cutting the high grade carbs has been a god send.

The same as me I was 17st 5oz on the 1st Jan,
Now 16st -7 1/2lb
I'm 64 and 6ft 2in
I'm 64 coming up and 6'-2" marra. I had a heart attack and one stent fitted at 56. Just over a week ago I was diagnosed with permanent atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat). It has knocked me for six, both physically and mentally. Looking back, I've probably had sporadic episodes of AFib for many months, but shrugged it off as a 'bit of lightheadedness'. I've also probably been having a bit of sleep apnoea because of my weight, which may have exacerbated things.

I'm still having tests and my meds have been changed, but at least my other organs are functioning fine and my oxygen levels are good and BP seems to be coming under control. I've decided the only way I'm going to see my grandkids grow bigger is to lose a lot of weight, eat better, sleep better, exercise more and drastically reduce my beer consumption (I love the bloody stuff) to a maximum 7 drinks a week, although I'm off it altogether at the mo.

I was 17st 3lbs a month ago; I'm now 16st 5lbs. I feel very psychologically boosted by this, and my Fitbit Sense (which first alerted me to the AFib and may have saved my life) tells me I'm already sleeping less restlessly.

My goal: to lose a 2lbs a week at least for the next 6 weeks so I can go to the Lakes to our booked cottage at 15st 7. If I can get to 14st 7 or under by October so, I'll be over the moon and I won't stop there. My heart is struggling now, and I need to take the load off it. You only get one. Good luck everyone.

I'm 64 coming up and 6'-2" marra. I had a heart attack and one stent fitted at 56. Just over a week ago I was diagnosed with permanent atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat). It has knocked me for six, both physically and mentally. Looking back, I've probably had sporadic episodes of AFib for many months, but shrugged it off as a 'bit of lightheadedness'. I've also probably been having a bit of sleep apnoea because of my weight, which may have exacerbated things.

I'm still having tests and my meds have been changed, but at least my other organs are functioning fine and my oxygen levels are good and BP seems to be coming under control. I've decided the only way I'm going to see my grandkids grow bigger is to lose a lot of weight, eat better, sleep better, exercise more and drastically reduce my beer consumption (I love the bloody stuff) to a maximum 7 drinks a week, although I'm off it altogether at the mo.

I was 17st 3lbs a month ago; I'm now 16st 5lbs. I feel very psychologically boosted by this, and my Fitbit Sense (which first alerted me to the AFib and may have saved my life) tells me I'm already sleeping less restlessly.

My goal: to lose a 2lbs a week at least for the next 6 weeks so I can go to the Lakes to our booked cottage at 15st 7. If I can get to 14st 7 or under by October so, I'll be over the moon and I won't stop there. My heart is struggling now, and I need to take the load off it. You only get one. Good luck everyone.
They checked my heart and found an irregular heartbeat but said it was nothing serious, I have had a couple of weeks off my diet and restarted 1st April.
My latest problem is a dodgy Knee, I had an x-ray last week and it's osteoarthritis, I am waiting to get an appointment with a physio. but I already know what they will say, lose weight and get more exercise. good luck with your goals, I'm planning along the same lines but with 14st 7lb by the end of June.

They checked my heart and found an irregular heartbeat but said it was nothing serious, I have had a couple of weeks off my diet and restarted 1st April.
My latest problem is a dodgy Knee, I had an x-ray last week and it's osteoarthritis, I am waiting to get an appointment with a physio. but I already know what they will say, lose weight and get more exercise. good luck with your goals, I'm planning along the same lines but with 14st 7lb by the end of June.
Good luck marra; if they say it's 'nothing serious', just make sure they tell you why 😉.
I suppose I'm just trying to make my weight goal achievable for me, and everybody will be different. Anyhoo... I've come to the conclusion that my being in the 'obese' category of overweight (despite being told reassuringly for years "aw, you're not fat man, you're tall... you can carry it!) is absolutely 100% at the root of EVERY health problem I have now. Theres no greater motivation than that for me to shed a load off my belly!.

After a good start to the year I've actually put on a few pounds in recent weeks - started drinking a bit more, going back on bad carby eating habits and walking less.

Need a kick up the arse for April before the pubs reopen.

After a good start to the year I've actually put on a few pounds in recent weeks - started drinking a bit more, going back on bad carby eating habits and walking less.

Need a kick up the arse for April before the pubs reopen.

It's easily done but at least you will nip it in the bud before you are back to square one. Good luck. 👍

Back