Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken breast and rice for tea. I want to lose to some weight ideally get down to 15st. Currently 20. Any tips on what other meals I should be looking at? I’ve just got a big shop in of fruit, veg, chicken breast etc. Cutting sugar completely or almost out of my diet and drinking plenty of water (9 litres a day) thanks in advance

Track everything, down to the last gram where possible, My Fitness Pal is free and easy to use.

Probably worth going about your business as usual for about a week or so to get an average of the calories you're taking in, then cut down from there.

Chicken breast and rice for tea. I want to lose to some weight ideally get down to 15st. Currently 20. Any tips on what other meals I should be looking at? I’ve just got a big shop in of fruit, veg, chicken breast etc. Cutting sugar completely or almost out of my diet and drinking plenty of water (9 litres a day) thanks in advance
16 pints of water a day?
🤣

46 lbs off now. Had a weird weekend where I suddenly gained 2 lbs out of nowhere despite having the same routine as normal and it took until yesterday to get back to my weight of last Friday. Still it’s come off now so that’s the main thing.

I used to be around 17 stone and now weigh around 11 stone.

I found the best way to lose weight was cutting out alcohol and also cutting out takeaway food. This is what put the weight on in the first place. 😏

I went on a strict diet which usually consisted of having porridge in the morning, healthy sandwich for lunch and soup for tee. During the day I ate lot of fruit and veg just to keep me going, which also helps to lose weight as it is full of soluble fibre. To drink I only stuck to water and probably drank around 3-4 litres a day. With this diet I was losing around 3-4 pounds a week.

Reactions: D.A
I used to be around 17 stone and now weigh around 11 stone.

I found the best way to lose weight was cutting out alcohol and also cutting out takeaway food. This is what put the weight on in the first place. 😏

I went on a strict diet which usually consisted of having porridge in the morning, healthy sandwich for lunch and soup for tee. During the day I ate lot of fruit and veg just to keep me going, which also helps to lose weight as it is full of soluble fibre. To drink I only stuck to water and probably drank around 3-4 litres a day. With this diet I was losing around 3-4 pounds a week.
If you cut out the simple carbs and eat a relatively clean diet I think it’s actually hard to get in over 2000 calories a day which I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to drop below when dieting, but others differ.

I have oats every morning and then find if I have a decent meal of something like chicken and veg around lunch time which will net me about 400-500 calories, I feel full to the point where I actually dread my next meal and I ultimately have to force myself to eat and look for strategies to get in the additional calories I need to hit my metrics over the rest of the day. And more than once on a diet I’ve even had to resort to things like adding milk to protein shakes etc which is more commonly associated with trying to gain weight in order to hit my numbers. Again, I know people differ.

Was 19 st 2 years ago
I’ve lost over 2 st it’s been extremely difficult
as I cant do any excercise except walking
I love my beer but limit my self to 2 times a week drinking small bottles
I walk 3/4 miles a day which helps and cut down on gunge food
however it’s getting harder and harder to keep my weight at 16 10
50 lbs off now. Halfway to where I want to be. Well chuffed.
My brother 21st 7lb may 2020
now 17st12lb
walking and diet but still finds it difficult to keep off the drink
however he tries
50 lbs off now. Halfway to where I want to be. Well chuffed.
That’s good

Last edited:
Back on it to shift my lockdown weight. Was as low as 11 stone 8 lbs in March. I'm now 13 St. :oops: Hopefully shift the first stone by the end of October.

What a fabulous result especially given lockdown and gym closures etc. Brilliant. 👍
We only started back at the gym a couple of weeks ago - we basically walked everywhere and cut our calorie intake by about 1/3 to 1/2. Last year I couldn’t even walk half a mile without having to stop because of back pain. Now my wife and I walk the equivalent of a half marathon every Saturday. It’s mad how much walking can help weight loss when you see some of the snake oil being peddled.

We only started back at the gym a couple of weeks ago - we basically walked everywhere and cut our calorie intake by about 1/3 to 1/2. Last year I couldn’t even walk half a mile without having to stop because of back pain. Now my wife and I walk the equivalent of a half marathon every Saturday. It’s mad how much walking can help weight loss when you see some of the snake oil being peddled.

Thank you for this, due to my illness I can't do high impact exercise so your experience is especially helpful. 👍

The wife and I Walked 4.8 mile yesterday
3.8 mile today
we really find it difficult but still enjoy it
we are about at out limit 5 miles
we both have back problems and 68 and 66 years old
we are just happy to be able to do what we can
we try to keep out diet in control
however I like a few beers
we are off to crete on Tuesday for two weeks
thats when it becomes even more difficult

Reactions: D.A
Thank you for this, due to my illness I can't do high impact exercise so your experience is especially helpful. 👍
I didn’t know that. We used to take in about 3-4,000 calories a day easily. We cut that in half then because of lockdown we went out about 6-630 every morning for a 3-4 mile walk. We did do some of the Joe Wicks videos too but then just did longer walks instead as lockdown was eased. Now we do about 4 miles during the day, head to the gym 4 times a week and on a Saturday do a 13-15 mile walk somewhere. At the gym we only do the cross trainer and fast walking on an incline on the treadmill followed by about 10 mins on a bike. It’s all about burning calories really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back