Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three weeks in on Keto and lost just over a stone ...... Still enjoyinmg the food but got to admit missing chips and some nice chocolate

'Nice' may be the figurative word here but I listened to a guy who was significantly responsible for popularising keto (as an additional treatment for cancer if I remember correctly) and he adhered to a keto diet and said he ate dark chocolate most days - may scratch the itch? I can try and find the interview if you'd find it interesting?

'Nice' may be the figurative word here but I listened to a guy who was significantly responsible for popularising keto (as an additional treatment for cancer if I remember correctly) and he adhered to a keto diet and said he ate dark chocolate most days - may scratch the itch? I can try and find the interview if you'd find it interesting?

Ive been having a little bit of dark chocolate most days to be fair the 85% cocoa stuff ....... Think its because over the last god knows how many years ive been eating milk chocolate of any type !!!

Do it. Get it out of your system.
No only really getting back into the swing of things again the last week or so .
Lost 3 pounds this week so down to 11 stone 2 . Delighted with that and only 2 pounds off my original goal now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: D.A
Three weeks in on Keto and lost just over a stone ...... Still enjoyinmg the food but got to admit missing chips and some nice chocolate

Well done!

I've come off it now as I got to a plateau (read a few articles to say this is the case) after losing nearly 2 stones in 3 months. I'm just eating well now, running 5k every other day and the weight is slowly going.

Yeah, that's what I done, a square of 90% cocoa chocolate with a cup of tea was my nightly treat.

Well done!

I've come off it now as I got to a plateau (read a few articles to say this is the case) after losing nearly 2 stones in 3 months. I'm just eating well now, running 5k every other day and the weight is slowly going.

Well done you as well mate

Thats my plan another couple of month then just try and be healthy and excercise as much a spossible as well

Reactions: Red
What did you weigh? That's impressive like!
I was over 300 lbs to be fair like :lol:

Combination of working stupid hours, not really understanding food and not doing any exercise. I lost loads of weight a few years ago and ended up damaging my back. Needed two surgeries to put right but it’s still bad now. Ended up putting all the weight back on.

As a result I was basically terrified of going to the gym in case I ended up fucked again. I didn’t realise at the time that food is more important to weight loss than exercise. Now I count everything I take in - about 2000-2500 calories a day which is enough to keep me in deficit as I’m walking about 6-7 miles a day now too with working from home. As the weight drops I’ll cut the number of calories I take in.

Combination of working stupid hours, not really understanding food and not doing any exercise. I lost loads of weight a few years ago and ended up damaging my back. Needed two surgeries to put right but it’s still bad now. Ended up putting all the weight back on.

As a result I was basically terrified of going to the gym in case I ended up fucked again. I didn’t realise at the time that food is more important to weight loss than exercise. Now I count everything I take in - about 2000-2500 calories a day which is enough to keep me in deficit as I’m walking about 6-7 miles a day now too with working from home. As the weight drops I’ll cut the number of calories I take in.
Nice one, people say it's 80% diet, 20% exercise. Keep it up.

People underestimate how effective walking can be. I'm a regular runner & still managed to drop 6lbs at the start of this year just by adding an hour of walking on weekdays even without adjusting my diet.

People underestimate how effective walking can be. I'm a regular runner & still managed to drop 6lbs at the start of this year just by adding an hour of walking on weekdays even without adjusting my diet.
This! I am a nutritionist and the amount of people who think the glamorous exercises and doing something to get heart rate in ''fat burning zone'' on fitbit is key, when it is just about a calorie deficit. It can be achieved very nicely with steady standard walking. I have two clients, one lost 105lbs and one lost 80lbs in last year who had did no workouts, just walking.

Chicken breast and rice for tea. I want to lose to some weight ideally get down to 15st. Currently 20. Any tips on what other meals I should be looking at? I’ve just got a big shop in of fruit, veg, chicken breast etc. Cutting sugar completely or almost out of my diet and drinking plenty of water (9 litres a day) thanks in advance

Chicken breast and rice for tea. I want to lose to some weight ideally get down to 15st. Currently 20. Any tips on what other meals I should be looking at? I’ve just got a big shop in of fruit, veg, chicken breast etc. Cutting sugar completely or almost out of my diet and drinking plenty of water (9 litres a day) thanks in advance

9 litres of water a day is a bit much like.

Don't cut out sugar completely. Do it gradually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back