Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@D.A provides a lot of sound advice, and he has went out of his way to help you on the running thread multiple times. You ignore it everytime and end up asking the ame question a few weeks later.

It doesn't surprise me you're complaining that at a basic answer, eat less than you burn to lose weight, when "go for a run" wasn't good enough when you were asking how to get started running.

@D.A provides a lot of sound advice, and he has went out of his way to help you on the running thread multiple times. You ignore it everytime and end up asking the ame question a few weeks later.

It doesn't surprise me you're complaining that at a basic answer, eat less than you burn to lose weight, when "go for a run" wasn't good enough when you were asking how to get started running.
No iv asked a few different things and he gave arsey answers just like he did with someone else.

Hopefully someone gives you the right answer soon then.
I asked about apps and i got a reply join a running group if people don't like me asking a innocent question ignore it, for someone with several mental health issues as well as physical one an arsey answer doesn't help and secondly everything isn't as simple as it looks.

I asked about apps and i got a reply join a running group if people don't like me asking a innocent question ignore it, for someone with several mental health issues as well as physical one an arsey answer doesn't help and secondly everything isn't as simple as it looks.
True, but many things are simpler than what they may seem too - and whatever answer you find / are seeking on the SMB (you've said you know the answer is obvious anyway) isn't going to make you run, or lose weight, taking some action and accountability is on the individual. That's as simple as it gets. I feel for anybody who suffers from mental health problems but that doesn't mean the answer you want to hear is the right one...or more importantly, the one you don't want to hear isn't the correct one.

Go on your first run if you want to start running, and eat less if you want to start losing weight.

Last edited:
True, but many things are simpler than what they may seem too - and whatever answer you find / are seeking on the SMB (you've said you know the answer is obvious anyway) isn't going to make you run, or lose weight, taking some action and accountability is on the individual. That's as simple as it gets. I feel for anybody who suffers from mental health problems but that doesn't mean the answer you want to hear is the right one...or more importantly, the one you don't want to hear isn't the correct one.

Go on your first run if you want to start running, and eat less if you want to start losing weight.
I just think if genuine questions are asked you shouldn't get an arsey answer, why have several pages on a weight loss or running thread if you are going to get basic answers in fact that goes for anything on any forum

6.7k walk across the mountains done this morning before work . Had to stop and make my way home cos I thought I was going to shit my pants 😂😂 . Hope to be doing around 10k before work in a few weeks .

Last edited:
Put quarter of a pound on this week. Totahlly at a loss how, less alcohol, more exercise, good eating. Determined to break that 16st barrier though as the calf is feeling better so should get running next week.

Last edited:
I've reached out to you loads and you've done nothing about it. You've got a chip on your shoulder for some reason, take it off and go for a run. Then thank me later.

I've reached out to you loads and you've done nothing about it. You've got a chip on your shoulder for some reason, take it off and go for a run. Then thank me later.
You replied with once join a group and once go for a run that's bot loads and one of the replies was when i asked about what apps are best to start with so didn't answer my question, i don't have a chip on my shoulder like you did with someone else you replied with a smart arse answer.

You replied with once join a group and once go for a run that's bot loads and one of the replies was when i asked about what apps are best to start with so didn't answer my question, i don't have a chip on my shoulder like you did with someone else you replied with a smart arse answer.
I very much doubt that was my reply. Maybe after you've previously ignored my advice I may have been a bit blunt.

Didn't I encourage you to go for a run on the depression thread and then you said you wanted to run with others? I would have recommended the beginners group.

Don't blame me if you don't take advice.

I very much doubt that was my reply. Maybe after you've previously ignored my advice I may have been a bit blunt.

Didn't I encourage you to go for a run on the depression thread and then you said you wanted to run with others? I would have recommended the beginners group.

Don't blame me if you don't take advice.
No need to be arsey and yes it was exactly how you replied if you don't want me asking questions just ignore them

Put quarter of a pound on this week. Totahlly at a loss how, less alcohol, more exercise, good eating. Determined to break that 16st barrier though as the calf is feeling better so should get running next week.
A quarter of a pound is too small to even take note of really IMO - i only consider anything 4lb either side from the previous week. You can fluctuate so much for loads of reasons.

A quarter of a pound is too small to even take note of really IMO - i only consider anything 4lb either side from the previous week. You can fluctuate so much for loads of reasons.

4lb??? that is a hell of a lot of weight to lose a week.

I weigh myself at the same time every week to get some balance. When you're looking to lose weight, any weight loss is progress.

Weigh yourself everyday mate and take a 7 day average.

I thought about that to be honest, but its a sort of ritual now. When I started this, it used to make me feel good going into the weekend knowing how much I've lost through the week. I'm 27lb down from January, but I'm hitting a plateau now so its the hard yards now. Another 7lb and I'll be over the moon.

I thought about that to be honest, but its a sort of ritual now. When I started this, it used to make me feel good going into the weekend knowing how much I've lost through the week. I'm 27lb down from January, but I'm hitting a plateau now so its the hard yards now. Another 7lb and I'll be over the moon.
You've done well. Don't worry about quarter pounds mate. Just keep cracking on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back