Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right I'm back in the game... my sister who won't talk to me has lost a load of weight through cheating but it has now become paramount for me to lose weight also as there has never been a situation when she was slimmer than me in history and I have always kind of enjoyed that while she has been horrible to me.
I weighed in this morning and I have put on 11lbs since my last weigh in in August.
I'm doing intermittent fasting and a running plan to get up to 15k. 💪

New arrival on this board.

Knew I was getting bigger with the diet I was on through working away, hotel meals, Macdonalds, takeaways, a few pints a night etc etc, but it still a massive shock weighing myself in the middle of January - 17st 13lb.

As I'm 6ft 3, I sort of carried it pretty well, but I was even struggling to tie my shoe laces. Started eating healthier, deciding to try a low carb diet, and bought one of these to cook food in the hotel room.

Link

Really transformed the food I ate. As long as I was near a supermarket or shop, the food tasted fantastic. So up to now, I've lost 25lb, down to a sort of respectable 16st 2lb.

I'm aiming to try and lose another stone, but would be happy with half a stone. I'm still doing the low carb diet, running every other day (back problems) but really pleased how I've done.

New arrival on this board.

Knew I was getting bigger with the diet I was on through working away, hotel meals, Macdonalds, takeaways, a few pints a night etc etc, but it still a massive shock weighing myself in the middle of January - 17st 13lb.

As I'm 6ft 3, I sort of carried it pretty well, but I was even struggling to tie my shoe laces. Started eating healthier, deciding to try a low carb diet, and bought one of these to cook food in the hotel room.

Link

Really transformed the food I ate. As long as I was near a supermarket or shop, the food tasted fantastic. So up to now, I've lost 25lb, down to a sort of respectable 16st 2lb.

I'm aiming to try and lose another stone, but would be happy with half a stone. I'm still doing the low carb diet, running every other day (back problems) but really pleased how I've done.

Well done marra. Keep it up.

Reactions: Red
Done well to lose while all this is going on. Well done.

managed to work running into my routine which by the time the lockdown is over will have my daily cycling commute added in

going full keto and intermittent fasting which is actually easier right now than usually

I’ve managed to hover between 12.7 - 12.10 stone since I’ve been working from home. Seem to have settled a bit with all the shit going on. Put a couple of pound on, then pull it back for a bit.

stilldrinking more than I have for months. Still something has to give. Birthday on Saturday too.
managed to work running into my routine which by the time the lockdown is over will have my daily cycling commute added in

going full keto and intermittent fasting which is actually easier right now than usually

you have my respect with full keto. It’s tough. I’ve lost 4 stone with low ( < 50g) carb since January. It really worked for me.

not to put too fine a point on it, it played f***ing havoc with my insides till I discovered Psyllium Husk:eek::)

Last edited:
I’ve managed to hover between 12.7 - 12.10 stone since I’ve been working from home. Seem to have settled a bit with all the shit going on. Put a couple of pound on, then pull it back for a bit.

stilldrinking more than I have for months. Still something has to give. Birthday on Saturday too.

you have my respect with full keto. It’s tough. I’ve lost 4 stone with low ( < 50g) carb since January. It really worked for me.

not to put too fine a point on it, it played f***ing havoc with my insides till I discovered Psyllium Husk:eek::)

wow! well done, that is pretty inspiring

well I say full Keto... I'm not counting the carbs but I'm not eating any fruit or starchy carbs so reckon that is full

I just ordered some Psylium Husk last night to make keto bread

weighed in this morning and down another 1.2lbs :cool:

That's some weight loss, well done!

That was the only thing I was sort of worried about when I started as I'd heard some horror stories, but I've had no problem. I downloaded an app called "Carb Manager" onto my phone which has been great at letting me know whats good and bad. You can set your carb target and even scan products and it'll tell you what Category it is (A being the best) and how many carbs/how much protein is in it.

That was the only thing I was sort of worried about when I started as I'd heard some horror stories, but I've had no problem. I downloaded an app called "Carb Manager" onto my phone which has been great at letting me know whats good and bad. You can set your carb target and even scan products and it'll tell you what Category it is (A being the best) and how many carbs/how much protein is in it.

If I just eat meat and leafy veg and occasional carrots and peas that should be fine though right? are there some surprising carby things I should be aware of?

If I just eat meat and leafy veg and occasional carrots and peas that should be fine though right? are there some surprising carby things I should be aware of?

Apart from the obvious bread, Rice, Pasta etc, not really. You can't go wrong with meat and veg, my favourite at the minute is Cajun spiced chicken breast put in a halogen oven, with pan fried Mushrooms, sprouts, red pepper and leeks (fried in a touch of garlic infused olive oil).

If you get the app I mentioned, just search what you're thinking of having, it really is a good source of information.

Carrots are canny high on the carb scale. They affect me canny badly. I went low carb as a method to control blood glucose and a means to lose weight. I’ve managed to put t2 diabetes into remission with a combo of low carb and weight loss.

the rule of thumb I use is I tend not to eat pasta, rice, bread or veg that grow underground.

the amount of cauliflower I eat is insane. I make it into mash, use it shredded up like rice etc. Sounds grim, but it’s ok.

The horror is real. You must put some soluble and non digestible fibre in your diet if you go keto or low carb. Or you will break your insides.

Last edited:
Carrots are canny high on the carb scale. They affect me canny badly. I went low carb as a method to control blood glucose and a means to lose weight. I’ve managed to put t2 diabetes into remission with a combo of low carb and weight loss.

the rule of thumb I use is I tend not to eat pasta, rice, bread or veg that grow underground.

the amount of cauliflower I eat is insane. I make it into mash, use it shredded up like rice etc. Sounds grim, but it’s ok.

The horror is real. You must put some soluble and non digestible fibre in your diet if you go keto or low carb. Or you will break your insides.

I made a killer romanesco mash the other day :cool:

I would use carrots in stock, and a bolognese (controversial I know) but not much else. I have some swede and parsnip cubes frozen for slow cooker scrag end and ox tail stew so not huge amounts. Reckon I'd be keeping below the radar
@Ambivalent Squirrel how much more weight do you want to lose? Do you think you need to completely break from Keto and then go back on it?

Last edited:
I made a killer romanesco mash the other day :cool:

I would use carrots in stock, and a bolognese (controversial I know) but not much else. I have some swede and parsnip cubes frozen for slow cooker scrag end and ox tail stew so not huge amounts. Reckon I'd be keeping below the radar
@Ambivalent Squirrel how much more weight do you want to lose? Do you think you need to completely break from Keto and then go back on it?

Im finished losing now. I’m at 12 and a half stone, my BMI is now under 25. I’m sticking to low carb, as I’m a (in remission) T2 diabetic so I need to be conscious of the carbs. I’ve relaxed a bit on the beer side - but still watching weight/carbs/glucose.

For years I’ve followed the low-fat mantra, devouring low fat high carb ‘diet’ foods and it was screwing me up. Turns out the food that’s pushed at us is over processed carb high and is partly responsible for the t2 epidemic. As far as long term goes, I’ve never gone full ‘keto’ which in my understanding is completely eliminating carbs. It’s good for weight loss, but not sustainable long term. And it wrecks your insides 😣

I can’t see me coming away from low carb anytime soon. Mind, I’m eating a lot more calorie dense stuff to maintain weight. Cheese, nuts, meats etc etc. It’s weird maintaining/losing weight eating stuff I’ve always tried to shy away from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back