Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 pound down this week which mainly offsets the weight gain from the holiday week before. Take that in a week where I was pretty good food wise but was on the drink Friday night and a few Saturday so cost any chance of more. Will be a few weeks off the drink for me now until Cheltenham.

Might as well add mine to this post.
Started on 24th Jan = 15st 8lb been on a Keto diet since then.
Today weighed in at 14st 13lb so loss of 9lb in 3 weeks. Happy with that.
Goal weight of 14st.

put my calories marginally up this week (only 200 a day) but the weight seems to be coming off a bit easier if anything. May have been too restrictive.

Gonna increase them slowly over the next few weeks as I lead up to a marathon. If I continue to lose weight then great, if not I'm not too fussed for the next month or so. Feeling better even for a 200 cal increase.

Currently sat at 240.8lbs.

put my calories marginally up this week (only 200 a day) but the weight seems to be coming off a bit easier if anything. May have been too restrictive.
I’ve put mine up this week too - changed MFP from “active” to “very active”. I think I’ve been too active (4-5 gym sessions a week) for what I was eating because I’d been craving food something shocking. Lost half a pound which is pretty much what I’m aiming for week-on-week and no cravings.

10lbs to go and TBH my clothes are fitting perfectly now I’d just like to shed a bit of fat before my summer holidays so I think I’m doing the right thing.

Thursday 6th through to this Monday, after my year came to an end, I ate whatever the fuck I wanted and didn't train. Put on 5 lbs, likely water weight etc but still 5lbs. Upped to what I believed was maintenence of 3,000kcal, and weighed in this morning 2lbs lighter. My maintenence must be about 3,500kcal.

I'm sure everyone thought I'd just give up and disappear. But no, I've been dilligently building up a catalogue of the foods I eat on MFP ahead of trying to use it for actual weight loss.
It really is a chew on getting things in there, but once they are, its much easier. I've just put my first "batch cooked" recipe in the system, my home made porridge. And I can see why I was getting hungry by 11am - its only 350cals per portion (that's if it comes out as 8 portions, I think it'll be more - so even less cals!)

Its also helped me to see where I was adding too many pointless calories to my huel. My Cacao Huel was over 700cals, which is almost double what the huel is on its own. So I've cut out a fair chunk of those by using stevia liquid instead of white sugar. (Fuck it). Shame I can't seem to do without the milk though - I've tried half whole milk and water, and it still doesn't taste anywhere near as nice as with just semi.

So yes, useful tool overall. Thanks for the push.

I was wrong - that porridge is only 6 portions, so its 480cals - which is about right for breakfast?

I was wrong - that porridge is only 6 portions, so its 480cals - which is about right for breakfast?
Depends on your overall calories, what you have for your other meals and “how” you eat.

I’m about 595 cals for breakfast. I’m only 14st10 and my calorie goal is about 2800. I don’t snack much during the day (I take a home made cappuccino to work in a vacuum travel cup and drink it at 8:30AM, a cereal bar at 10:30am, a protein shake at 2:30pm and a bag of iced gems at 9:30pm) so my meals will generally be a bit bigger

Reactions: PTR
I'm sure everyone thought I'd just give up and disappear. But no, I've been dilligently building up a catalogue of the foods I eat on MFP ahead of trying to use it for actual weight loss.
It really is a chew on getting things in there, but once they are, its much easier. I've just put my first "batch cooked" recipe in the system, my home made porridge. And I can see why I was getting hungry by 11am - its only 350cals per portion (that's if it comes out as 8 portions, I think it'll be more - so even less cals!)

Its also helped me to see where I was adding too many pointless calories to my huel. My Cacao Huel was over 700cals, which is almost double what the huel is on its own. So I've cut out a fair chunk of those by using stevia liquid instead of white sugar. (Fuck it). Shame I can't seem to do without the milk though - I've tried half whole milk and water, and it still doesn't taste anywhere near as nice as with just semi.

So yes, useful tool overall. Thanks for the push.
I can’t be arsed to google it, what’s huel? I see loads of people with it at work and the only thing they seem to have in common is they’re over weight.

I can’t be arsed to google it, what’s huel? I see loads of people with it at work and the only thing they seem to have in common is they’re over weight.

A meal replacement shake. A lad I know who was very fit used it for a while but reckoned it was no good for regular use based on how he was performing in the gym on it.

A meal replacement shake. A lad I know who was very fit used it for a while but reckoned it was no good for regular use based on how he was performing in the gym on it.
I can’t imagine a meal replacement shake which is 700 calories is beneficial for people wanting to lose weight like, could have a good meal for that.

I can’t imagine a meal replacement shake which is 700 calories is beneficial for people wanting to lose weight like, could have a good meal for that.

It is supposedly full of vitamins and is worked out for your macros. It is just for convenience. I wouldn't bother personally because other than my evening meal everything I eat is pretty basic and easy to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back