Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well done mate. Takes some motivation and will power that.

Getting a good kip makes a world of difference to my mood and energy levels.

Cracking effort that mind.

Missed a lot of nights out and meals out with family but I was on my way to a heart attack by 30. The human mind is a powerful thing once you become obsessed and tbh seeing myself in photos from the Bradley Lowery Cup games, I was f***ing horrendous like.

It's an old cliché but if I can do it literally anyone can, overweight since aged 9-10ish and never tried to shift it seriously til last year.

@becs on the right track with sleep mind, your body does mental things when you're sleeping from recovery to burning calories. Vital we get enough.

Missed a lot of nights out and meals out with family but I was on my way to a heart attack by 30. The human mind is a powerful thing once you become obsessed and tbh seeing myself in photos from the Bradley Lowery Cup games, I was f***ing horrendous like.

It's an old cliché but if I can do it literally anyone can, overweight since aged 9-10ish and never tried to shift it seriously til last year.

@becs on the right track with sleep mind, your body does mental things when you're sleeping from recovery to burning calories. Vital we get enough.

Have you got an ideal weight in mind?

Have you got an ideal weight in mind?

Comfortable where I am now mate. Trim enough to not hate myself yet still heavy enough to lift decent weight. Going to try and drop in below 16 stone 7 by February 6th which would end the 365 day process then aim to sit at around maintenence for a year and see how I go with losing the body fat and tightening the loose skin

Comfortable where I am now mate. Trim enough to not hate myself yet still heavy enough to lift decent weight. Going to try and drop in below 16 stone 7 by February 6th which would end the 365 day process then aim to sit at around maintenence for a year and see how I go with losing the body fat and tightening the loose skin

I'm guessing you're tall? Aye once you get to a certain level it's more how you than what you weigh. Keep it up mate. You've almost definitely save your own life.

and tightening the loose skin

Have you got any tips on that?

When I had my daughter, she was a huge baby (born 4 weeks prem and weighed 7lb 3oz :eek:) plus I had polyhydramnios which is when your body produces way too much amniotic fluid. Consequently I looked like I was having a five a side team rather than just one baby :lol: My belly has never recovered and it has saggy loose skin on it. I'd love to get rid of it and make it look better.

I'm guessing you're tall? Aye once you get to a certain level it's more how you than what you weigh. Keep it up mate. You've almost definitely save your own life.

6'4.3" according to the body analysing scale at the gym haha.

Tbh anywhere from 16 stone and 17 stone is fine with me

When I had my daughter, she was a huge baby (born 4 weeks prem and weighed 7lb 3oz :eek:) plus I had polyhydramnios which is when your body produces way too much amniotic fluid. Consequently I looked like I was having a five a side team rather than just one baby :lol: My belly has never recovered and it has saggy loose skin on it. I'd love to get rid of it and make it look better.

Absolutely none so far unfortunately! A lot of ab work and cutting body fat and it'll tighten on its own naturally apparently.

Unless you just fancy doing a Canelo and take a load of clenbuterol haha

Absolutely none so far unfortunately! A lot of ab work and cutting body fat and it'll tighten on its own naturally apparently.

Unless you just fancy doing a Canelo and take a load of clenbuterol haha

I hated steroids when I was prescribed them, so I think I'll give that a miss :lol:

Will keep doing sit ups etc.

My Mrs is worried about this. We are trying to lose weight together because as couples often do they get too comfortable with each other and the weight creeps up. She has lots of stretch marks from 2 pregnancies with 8lbers. Her being Chubby kind of hides them and she's worried how it'll look if she loses weight (she is aiming for two stone). Me telling her that I find the stretch marks and everything sexy doesn't work.
I hated steroids when I was prescribed them, so I think I'll give that a miss :lol:

Will keep doing sit ups etc.

Planks are good too.

My Mrs is worried about this. We are trying to lose weight together because as couples often do they get too comfortable with each other and the weight creeps up. She has lots of stretch marks from 2 pregnancies with 8lbers. Her being Chubby kind of hides them and she's worried how it'll look if she loses weight (she is aiming for two stone). Me telling her that I find the stretch marks and everything sexy doesn't work.

They do fade like. My baby stretch marks are silvery and less noticeable now, but I've since acquired several cuts from surgeries so I'm a proper mess :oops:

Planks are good too.

I love planks like. Been doing them with plates on my back as well.

They do fade like. My baby stretch marks are silvery and less noticeable now, but I've since acquired several cuts from surgeries so I'm a proper mess :oops:

I love planks like. Been doing them with plates on my back as well.

I bet you still look mint though.

I wouldn't consider this a weight loss goal as I'm in the range i want to be in, but I'm more focused on body composition...i.e. % body fat. Down about 2% since jan 1 to 17.9%, aim is for around 12%.

I've been doing 16/8 intermittent fasting and getting back into cardio. I'm not a breakfast person so it's been easy to skip it and push lunch back a bit. Eat between noon and 8pm. Do about 2.5miles on the treadmill everyday. Seems to be going alright for me.

I wouldn't consider this a weight loss goal as I'm in the range i want to be in, but I'm more focused on body composition...i.e. % body fat. Down about 2% since jan 1 to 17.9%, aim is for around 12%.

I've been doing 16/8 intermittent fasting and getting back into cardio. I'm not a breakfast person so it's been easy to skip it and push lunch back a bit. Eat between noon and 8pm. Do about 2.5miles on the treadmill everyday. Seems to be going alright for me.
12%?

Are the scales accurate?

16.12 today so 3.5lbs off this week and 6.5 in total. Diet still hasn’t been great but going from completely sedentary to doing a bit of exercise is making a difference. I’m hoping that if I have good week diet wise and continue with the exercise I can hit 16.7 next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back