Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

posted similar to this last year but didn’t go very well :lol: determined to make it work this year.

2019 was a bit of a shit year for me. Suffered from depression quite badly which knocked the confidence and motivation out of me. Signed up to the gym as heard this helps a lot of people but just couldn’t go. Ended up comfort eating an drinking.

mental health is better now but it’a had an impact on my weight. Got up to 20 and a half stone which is frightening. I’ve always been a bit of stocky lad but it was a massive kick up the arse when weighed myself over Christmas.

Going to South Africa in April and my Mrs wants to go paragliding which of course has a weight limit which I’m two stone over at the moment. So I’ve got my first target. Quit the gym for the time being as just focusing on health eating to start with. I do walk 2 hours each day to work and back so get some exercise there. Just cutting back on food and cutting out booZe altogether iN the house.

Good luck everyone!

First week weigh in this morning and i'm 3lbs down (admittedly I expect some of this will be water weight). Started on 182, now at 179. Aiming for a lean 168.

Going to South Africa in April and my Mrs wants to go paragliding which of course has a weight limit which I’m two stone over at the moment. So I’ve got my first target.
Something like this is great for motivation and focusing your mind. Mind, losing 10 stone wouldn't be enough to get me to go on a paraglider!
Good luck pal.

Last edited:
I am thinking about buying some body fat measuring scales. Something like this.

RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scales Weighing Scale with Smart BMI Scale, Body Composition Monitors with Smartphone App RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scales Weighing Scale with Smart BMI Scale, Body Composition Monitors with Smartphone App: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

I know they aren't completely accurate but are they worthwhile just to get an idea of where I am at?

I am thinking about buying some body fat measuring scales. Something like this.

RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scales Weighing Scale with Smart BMI Scale, Body Composition Monitors with Smartphone App RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scales Weighing Scale with Smart BMI Scale, Body Composition Monitors with Smartphone App: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

I know they aren't completely accurate but are they worthwhile just to get an idea of where I am at?

Calipers are the most accurate method outside of a full body scan but even then they can be a mile off.

As long as you've got a reading now and a reading from the same method every so often you'll be losing an accurate amount of body fat, just the number will be off.

For example, I weighed at 18.1% BF the other week then at 22.6% the other day. I generally class myself at 20% body fat as a result.

Calipers are the most accurate method outside of a full body scan but even then they can be a mile off.

As long as you've got a reading now and a reading from the same method every so often you'll be losing an accurate amount of body fat, just the number will be off.

For example, I weighed at 18.1% BF the other week then at 22.6% the other day. I generally class myself at 20% body fat as a result.
I'm going to order them and I'll just weight myself everyday and take an average over the week.

I don't really know what keto involves, but does the weight not go back on when you stop?

only water And only if you Cain carbs straight away, if you slowly introduce then it’s ok.

I was 20 stone, got down to 18 then maintained around 18 after slowly introducing carbs.
Then I wanted to get to 15 so I went back keto, got to 16.5 by mid November, but came off for Xmas, put Just over a stone on over Xmas, 3 days back on keto and have dropped 5lb of that but again that’s just water.

keto is a way of life for me though tbh, not just weight loss but other health benefits for me like I don’t suffer from my GERD and I go from 6 lots of medication when eating carbs to 0 medication when not eating carbs.

Reactions: D.A
Just weighed myself for the first time this year, 12 st 4 lbs. Was about 14 stone a couple of years ago so will be happy if I can get to and stay at around 12 stone for my height (6ft).

Fitness wise I want to do my first half marathon so will try and do the great north run if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back