Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

My goal is to get down to 14st (I am currently 14st11lbs gain down form 16st3lbs in May, pending any Christmas weight gain) in time for my summer holiday, preferably with my BF% as low as possible.

I’ve been at the gym doing either weights or HIIT circuits every day over my 2 week holiday except Christmas Day and NYD, but that’ll reduce to 4 days a week one week and 5 days the next once we are all back at work/school.

Had a look and the ABPU have a 67.5kg class, so looking to get a bit below that, sit at that weight and then look to get stronger. Think I'm currently sat at about 69kg (will weigh tomorrow).

The big challenge for me at the moment is stabilising insulin levels, had a tough few months with my diabetes - it can mean that a significant (to me!) amount of my calories are taken up with food with very little nutritional value, meaning if I want to stick to my calorie goals I can get rather hungry!

87.5, want to get down to 82 for the summer

Lost 7 stone last year. Would have been 7 and a half but I took the last week off to enjoy myself. On a cut for the next month until February 6th which will take me to exactly a year since beginning to lose weight.

I managed to build a decent amount of muscle last year. Once this cut is over with I'll be going back to around 3,000kcal (my maintenance is 3,200) and increasing my weight workouts.

This year is about stabilising my weight and metabolism and dropping as much body fat as I can. Aiming for 16 stone by next year.

12st 6lbs this morning I want to get down to about 11st 7lbs then I want to start weight training so losing bodyfat % and gaining muscle so the weight isn't as important and I will track my progress with weekly mirror selfies like a wanker.
Lost 7 stone last year. Would have been 7 and a half but I took the last week off to enjoy myself. On a cut for the next month until February 6th which will take me to exactly a year since beginning to lose weight.

I managed to build a decent amount of muscle last year. Once this cut is over with I'll be going back to around 3,000kcal (my maintenance is 3,200) and increasing my weight workouts.

This year is about stabilising my weight and metabolism and dropping as much body fat as I can. Aiming for 16 stone by next year.

Great effort last year mate. Well done.

12st 6lbs this morning I want to get down to about 11st 7lbs then I want to start weight training so losing bodyfat % and gaining muscle so the weight isn't as important and I will track my progress with weekly mirror selfies like a wanker.

Great effort last year mate. Well done.

Best thing you can do. I'm down to the weight where the number doesn't change too much but body composition does. I've been within the same half a stone range for two months now but the change I can see in my body is quite substantial.

Plus, when you can see yourself looking better, there's no better motivator.

Doesn't mean you need to eat terribly.

This.

This cut I'm on has me at 2,000-2,200 calories. 400-600 of it is from shakes and supplements. It also has me on 50% or more of my calories from protein, the satiety of protein is incredible. Feeling arguably fuller and more satisfied than when I was eating 2,800-3,000.

1,000 calories from a source of good protein and 1,000 calories from something like, say, a Chinese takeaway are two totally different ball games.

Help me out lads. What low fat protein sources do you use? I want to avoid having too many shakes but get sick of eating chicken all the time. Obviously I want it to not be too expensive and easy to prepare as well

Help me out lads. What low fat protein sources do you use? I want to avoid having too many shakes but get sick of eating chicken all the time. Obviously I want it to not be too expensive and easy to prepare as well
lean meats - pork loin, turkey, chicken, fillet steak albeit expensive, same goes for venison although vension burgers aren't too bad.
greek yogurt
whey
milk (skimmed if you want to cut your fat intake although vitamins and minerals are stripped as a trade off)
swap traditional carb sources for things like chickpeas, butter beans, green lentils. These are all about 50p a tin.
prawns
white fish - frozen pollock if you're on a budget

how much protein are you aiming for?

lean meats - pork loin, turkey, chicken, fillet steak albeit expensive, same goes for venison although vension burgers aren't too bad.
greek yogurt
whey
milk (skimmed if you want to cut your fat intake although vitamins and minerals are stripped as a trade off)
swap traditional carb sources for things like chickpeas, butter beans, green lentils. These are all about 50p a tin.
prawns
white fish - frozen pollock if you're on a budget

how much protein are you aiming for?
Dinnar really. Initially I just want to lose about a stone before I start doing some weights. It's more just to help keep me full. I'm about 12 and a half stone at the minute.

Dinnar really. Initially I just want to lose about a stone before I start doing some weights. It's more just to help keep me full. I'm about 12 and a half stone at the minute.
I'd work out your calories using this:
under macronutrients, click 'cutting' to find out your cals for losing weight. Myfitnesspal to track your cals.

I set my protein intake to 1g of protein for 1lb of lean body mass. So an easy example is if you're 200lbs and 20% body fat - 200 x 0.8 = 160. So 160g of protein a day, no need for anymore than that, it's just added expense. Split the rest of your calories between fat and carbs anyway you like.

I'd hit the weights straight away as a tool to lose that stone, not once you lose it.

under macronutrients, click 'cutting' to find out your cals for losing weight. Myfitnesspal to track your cals.

I set my protein intake to 1g of protein for 1lb of lean body mass. So an easy example is if you're 200lbs and 20% body fat - 200 x 0.8 = 160. So 160g of protein a day, no need for anymore than that, it's just added expense. Split the rest of your calories between fat and carbs anyway you like.

I'd hit the weights straight away as a tool to lose that stone, not once you lose it.

Cheers mate.

Currently 14st 10lb.
I'm looking to get down to 11st this year, while adding some decent upper body strength.

I've been overweight since my early twenties and have never been able to get back down to my natural weight ever since.
Lack of motivation, willpower, depression all factors. But to be blunt, I've been a lazy twat.

A couple of things have made me extra determined to sort things out this year:
I turn 40 in 13 months.
My Dad had a bowel cancer scare and developed prostate cancer this year.

Now, he's got 30 years on me but I still need to take better care of myself and my body.
I've had ulcerative colitis for 25 years, which elevates my chances of getting bowel cancer anyway without the added factor of me carrying 4 stone of fat around my middle.

I've lost weight before - at my heaviest (6 years ago) I was 17st 10lb. So I know how it's done, Ive just needed the right amount of motivation, which I now have.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for that, very helpful tool.

Reactions: D.A
Put on around 5ibs over the festive period. Hoping in the next couple of months to get back to basics to get it off. Rather than run 4-5 times a week I've joined a gym to mix it up a bit, cardio, few weights and swimming with only running maybe twice a week. Got to think of the bones now I'm mid 40s ha

Weight at the moment is 14st 11lbs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back