Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in!

I had a rough year last year with various health issues including major surgery, the loss of my Dad and a couple of other serious things happened. I didn't look after myself at all and pretty much ran myself into the ground by the end of the year. I feel fat, frumpy and unfit now!

Hoping to lose some weight this year and get back into running. I do enjoy that and find it good for stress release. I live in a rural area and running through fields and woods is calming. I also do boxercise on Friday nights and punching the absolute shit out of stuff is also good for stress.

First goals are losing half a stone and working on my sleep. I stay up too late then have broken sleep, frequently waking at 4am and rolling about trying to doze off again until I give up and get up. Lack of sleep is a killer and it affects metabolism and food cravings, so fixing that will help with the weight loss too.

Best of luck everyone xx

Mare to get shot of.
We've put a tin of foxes biscuits and roses up in the loft out the way.
This.
I was trying to start last Monday but there was still food and drink to use up.
Tomorrow is now day 1 as everything I like is gone now. Well, I think a midnight snack is still in the offing to finish off the shortbread and wine.
Can't wait to start to be honest. I'm sick of eating! Craving fruit!!

Count me in. Heaviest I have been for years. On gardening leave this year so started a regime yesterday. Reduce drink, eat more sensibly and exercise.

target is 15kgs.
Gardening leave for a full year?

Only 3lbs so far. Was 16'13 on 2nd Jan. But have not been able to make it to the gym and just a couple of a walks with the kids as exercise so hopefully can start to pick it up this week. No drink taken and feel so much better for it.

Only 3lbs so far. Was 16'13 on 2nd Jan. But have not been able to make it to the gym and just a couple of a walks with the kids as exercise so hopefully can start to pick it up this week. No drink taken and feel so much better for it.
Well it was a full year but went to office today to drop laptop off and they said «’we made a mistake -can you sign this new contract for a month less?’ My answer was fairly abrupt and can be summarized as a no!
Pretty much started at same weigh.

Ok I'm in as part of my sorting my shit out gambit. I haven't weighed myself in ages but I think a stone should be a good goal.
I will be doing intermittent fasting and low carbs during the week and more relaxed at the weekend.

Losing weight and more importantly inches with this vegan diet, coupled with no booze and fizzy pop.

5lb down so far and the same amount of inches, pleased with that early doors.

Sorry Bob I miscalculated -I started at 16’3. Now just under 16 so that’s a nice first target met.

Sorry Bob I miscalculated -I started at 16’3. Now just under 16 so that’s a nice first target met.
Nice one mate. Good to get under the stones.

Gym this afternoon for probably 1st time in 6 weeks so hopefully see something shift tomorrow. Diet still needs to be better but the exercise will help motivation.

Nice one mate. Good to get under the stones.

Gym this afternoon for probably 1st time in 6 weeks so hopefully see something shift tomorrow. Diet still needs to be better but the exercise will help motivation.
It’s mainly drink and diet for me. I am doing a decent walk everyday though. Aiming for 100kms a week. Rowing macine if weather is shit and then some cycling.

Had an utterly shit year in 2019 - started when my brother died on 04/01- miss you bro'- and ended with me being properly betrayed by someone I thought of as a real friend, mid-2019. Went to 15 funerals last year, of friends and relatives, all in all it was wank.

However, when my brother died I went into some sort of tailspin and only got out of it when I resolved to look after myself better. In all honesty, it was fairly easy, joined a gym, cut down on the booze, ate better. Dropped 18Kg as a result, now down to 83.4 with a target of 81. I don't care what the nutritionalists say about weight/obesity/bmi etc. I'm doing it for me. The gym helps a lot, do an hour on weights for toning the upper half, followed by 45-60 mins cardio at a decent intensity. Look better, feel better, but these last couple of Kg are a bastard ;) . If I didn't like a glass of wine on a night it would be easier, but fuck it.

Put a couple of lb on over christmas but they're gone now. Need to vary it a bit more so getting back into the walking (more) and need to get in the pool as well.

Don't set targets, don't get annoyed/upset if it's going as fast as you want, and just do it for yourself is my advice. Worked for me anyway.......

Last edited:
It’s mainly drink and diet for me. I am doing a decent walk everyday though. Aiming for 100kms a week. Rowing macine if weather is shit and then some cycling.
My biggest downfall (most people's too I guess). Don't even have much during the week but come the weekend there's way too much so I get lazy. Takes me till Wednesday to pull out of the lethargy then too. Had nothing since NYE and feel better for it.
Weekends this year are all about walking. Got my 3yr old to do 2.5 miles at Xmas. Not without complaining but she's just going to have to get used to it.

My biggest downfall (most people's too I guess). Don't even have much during the week but come the weekend there's way too much so I get lazy. Takes me till Wednesday to pull out of the lethargy then too. Had nothing since NYE and feel better for it.
Weekends this year are all about walking. Got my 3yr old to do 2.5 miles at Xmas. Not without complaining but she's just going to have to get used to it.

It's the bait for me especially when our lass is away with work. Really have to work hard not to to undo 3-4 days good work. I actually took a couple of chocolate bars out the bairns tin last night, went to sit down and then suddenly thought is this worth it? :lol:. Thankfully this time I had the willpower to put them back and grab a orange and a plum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back