Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t know that. We used to take in about 3-4,000 calories a day easily. We cut that in half then because of lockdown we went out about 6-630 every morning for a 3-4 mile walk. We did do some of the Joe Wicks videos too but then just did longer walks instead as lockdown was eased. Now we do about 4 miles during the day, head to the gym 4 times a week and on a Saturday do a 13-15 mile walk somewhere. At the gym we only do the cross trainer and fast walking on an incline on the treadmill followed by about 10 mins on a bike. It’s all about burning calories really.
That’s great how old are you

That’s great how old are you
38. Lost about six stone 10/11 years ago but didn’t know what I was doing, did these stupid bloody boot camp things and ended up with four prolapsed discs in my back, 3 of which were dehydrating badly. My surgeon said I had the spine of an 80 year old woman. Had two surgeries which sort of worked but I still have nagging pain all the time managed by painkillers.

Ended up piling all the weight back on plus some more for good measure. Couldn’t walk at all for 3-4 months in 2015. Last year went away to Leeds for a few days and first day there couldn’t walk from the bus station to the city centre without having to stop and sit down. Kept at it and ended up managing 10 miles on the last day of the trip - with loads of stops but got there. Went to the gym a few times last year but didn’t really get anywhere. Ended up eating just as much shite as before.

Lockdown happened and this Covid thing loves fatties like me so we decided to do something about it. And now I’m walking half marathons on a weekend. Mad really :lol:

Was walking 8-10 miles a day, 3x a week with 5 home workouts a week on the weights. Got to 16st7-16st10, looking great in my own mind, then had a whirlwind romance followed by a pretty shitty breakup which mentally threw me entirely. Did next to no workouts since the first week of June and ate nowt but shite since then, up until Monday this week.

Weighed in at just over 18 stone. Gutted in myself for stopping the momentum over something so trivial in the grand scheme but the human mind is a funny old bugger. On another 2,000-2,200 calorie food plan and back in the gym 3-4x a week.

I've done it before, I'll do it again.

Been class catching up on the last five pages or so and seeing all your progress.

Advice please.

I've shifted a stone (LC/Keto) over the last 5/6 weeks. I decided that i'm going to try and get through the next stone a tad quicker so decided a bit of pacey walking (too fat yet to run anywhere!)

But, i'm attempting to do an hour pacy walk every (most) mornings but...I get about 10 mins in and my lower middle back aches!

What exersizes will i need to strengthen the back muscles? (in the meantime i'm lucky we have hills/stairs very close so doing a 15 minute walk that takes in 250 stairs and steep hill) But, would appreciate incorporating it into a longer steadier walk in time.

Last edited:
I only ask because I lost weight earlier this year. Got down to 11st 8lbs but still seemed to have a long way to go to get rid of the kite. Piled all the weight back on over lockdown anyway like so starting again now.

Definitely seems the last bit to go, difficult too because I'm doing a lot of weights now and want to put some muscle on, but reluctant to increase calories until the belly is defeated.

Definitely seems the last bit to go, difficult too because I'm doing a lot of weights now and want to put some muscle on, but reluctant to increase calories until the belly is defeated.

I think it's likely that I'll never be able to get rid of it completely. I might be wrong but I seem to remember having a pot belly even when I was in a 30 inch waist as a teen.

When I was fit and 30 years old
I was 11 st 4lb
now my body is knacked at 68 years old
16 st10lb
im on holiday in Crete I’m sure when I return I will be
17st plus
I will get back into my walking and eating regimen
it’s very difficult when you have medical problems

When I was fit and 30 years old
I was 11 st 4lb
now my body is knacked at 68 years old
16 st10lb
im on holiday in Crete I’m sure when I return I will be
17st plus
I will get back into my walking and eating regimen
it’s very difficult when you have medical problems
you can't blame your medical problems for putting on weight. Have a caloire deficit and you'll slowly lose weight.

you can't blame your medical problems for putting on weight. Have a caloire deficit and you'll slowly lose weight.
im not blaming medical problems
I have a reasonable good diet but the drink dosnt help
it just becomes more difficult

Cut back drinking? Swap pints of lager for wine or spirits
Yeah I drink craft cans when I get the chance 2 days in England
however on holiday in Crete it becomes more difficult
but we try
I’ve done very little walking it still I’ve done some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back