Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
By “stop” I mean stop being in a calorie deficit. Nothing else will change. I’ve not deprived myself of anything through the process anyway, I’ve just made sure everything fits into my calories and macros. If I want a cake I’ll have a cake, I’ll just make sure it’s logged and that it doesn’t put me over my calories or stop me reaching my protein goal.

It amazes me how many folk put the graft in to slim down and then call what you’ve described ‘hard work’. Well done mate.

It amazes me how many folk put the graft in to slim down and then call what you’ve described ‘hard work’. Well done mate.
To be honest it was stress eating that caused the weight to go on, moving jobs put a stop to that and the weight probably would have come off anyway.

It’s joining the gym (so doing more than just fanning about with weights in my garage) and learning a bit about nutrition that has changed my body shape and cut the fat rather than just turning me skinny fat.

By “stop” I mean stop being in a calorie deficit. Nothing else will change. I’ve not deprived myself of anything through the process anyway, I’ve just made sure everything fits into my calories and macros. If I want a cake I’ll have a cake, I’ll just make sure it’s logged and that it doesn’t put me over my calories or stop me reaching my protein goal.

Then you can't go wrong mate! Class once you get into the comfortable zone. The "bad" days are far easier to work through
Average weight works out between 230 and 231lbs from Monday to Friday. Happy around that number.

Last edited:
Went out last week and put nearly three pound on. Anyway, full week back at it and the extra has gone and then some. Shifted 6 pound :eek: :lol:(so three really)

so. My bmi is now sitting at 25.6 :cool:
Got a few pounds to get to 25. Doesn’t feel like the end of a journey, because all the changes I’ve made are here to stay. All that will happen is I turn the calories up a bit.

I’ve just been to the docs for a three monthly bloodtest, so I’ll know Thursday what impact shifting the beef has had on the diabetes. I reckon it’s close to about 3 stone since mid November. Knowing my luck, I’ll have kicked it’s arse, only to pick up Coronavirus at the docs surgery:lol:

13st 12lbs this morning after 2 weeks of not really tracking but being vaguely careful and maintaining running training, lost half a pound in a fortnight.

First drink this year on Saturday and then back at it Monday for 8 weeks into Sunderland half, hoping to be nearer 13 stone by then.

right then. Sitting at 12st 13 now. A midge's pube away from BMI 25.

But I have even better news today :)

I started losing the weight in mid November because I got a diagnosis of t2 Diabetes.

They do a 3 monthly test called an HbA1C which collates your last three months blood sugar
The threshold for diagnosis is - 48
My result at November was - 97 :eek:

I've just had the results back from tuesday. an absolutely stonking 38 :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm chuffed to f***ing bits. Take that dia-f***ing-betes

Bring on the bastard Corona Virus :cool::eek:

right then. Sitting at 12st 13 now. A midge's pube away from BMI 25.

But I have even better news today :)

I started losing the weight in mid November because I got a diagnosis of t2 Diabetes.

They do a 3 monthly test called an HbA1C which collates your last three months blood sugar
The threshold for diagnosis is - 48
My result at November was - 97 :eek:

I've just had the results back from tuesday. an absolutely stonking 38 :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm chuffed to f***ing bits. Take that dia-f***ing-betes

Bring on the bastard Corona Virus :cool::eek:

Great news mate and you can't get better motivation than that to stay at a healthy weight.
Made a pig of myself tonight. Pissed off with myself.

Last edited:
Only up 3lbs after a horrendous week mentally and physically. Feel back on the top of my game now though so time to knuckle down and restart the process

Now then folks, how are we doing?

I’ve had a crap week so this is an accountability post, I drank last weekend for the first time this year and have followed that up with crap eating most of the week and not enough miles ran.

The result is almost a kilo on, however I will fix that this week, how are the rest of you getting on?

I’ve had a crap week so this is an accountability post, I drank last weekend for the first time this year and have followed that up with crap eating most of the week and not enough miles ran.

The result is almost a kilo on, however I will fix that this week, how are the rest of you getting on?
Few lbs on. Not arsed.

I'm off work and chewed to bits about everything so my diets gone out the window. Going to get back on track today. Haven't been weighed since Monday so will update my weight tomorrow.

Hovering between 16 7 and 16 10. Ideal range for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back