Weight Loss 2019

New thread as suggested in the 2018 thread.

Who’s looking to lose weight this year?

I lost a stone in 2018 and looking to lose another stone and a bit in 2019. Combination of calorie counting, Fitbit, My Fitness Pal and DietBet for a bit of competition. Not denying myself too much, occasional booze and takeaway otherwise it’s a drag.

Also upping my running in 2019; managed my first Parkrun in 2018, so continuing that.

Im giving it a blast.

im 25 and 15 stone, not your typical big lad. just a fat face and Kite. Capital D from the side etc.

put 3 stone on since I done my ACL playing footy a year ago.

Just rejoined a sunday league team, so hopefully that will focus me also.

I always shift weight really easy.. and put it on just as easy.

Dry January is also in going to be in full swing... sigh.

Aiming to be 12 and a half/13 stone.

good luck all :cool:

Back on it now, lightly but fully new year. Lost 4 stone became unwell half a stone on in 5 weeks.

Nip it now and get back on track, not intentionally let myself get larger now. Just bought a new bloody wardrobe cost me barrow loads:eek::lol:

I seem to have a constant battle with weight. But I'm much more on NOT letting my weight go up as it has in the past. It's a constant thing but I'm better now at if my weight has gone up a few pounds at being strict till it comes down again. I seem to live in a five kg bracket. At the top end I'm good at being strict till it comes down again, but at the bottom end instead of continuing I'm more likely to say yay! Curry and beer tonight. Sort of works for me.

But at the end of December you can guess where I am, so 2.1.19 it is back to healthy
Iiving.

A holiday next month certainly helps focus my mind too.

I seem to have a constant battle with weight. But I'm much more on NOT letting my weight go up as it has in the past. It's a constant thing but I'm better now at if my weight has gone up a few pounds at being strict till it comes down again. I seem to live in a five kg bracket. At the top end I'm good at being strict till it comes down again, but at the bottom end instead of continuing I'm more likely to say yay! Curry and beer tonight. Sort of works for me.

But at the end of December you can guess where I am, so 2.1.19 it is back to healthy
Iiving.

A holiday next month certainly helps focus my mind too.

It help's to have the discipline that works for you. My problem is getting started for first three or four days, if I can pass that it is if my head and body reach agreement.

Then it is easy for me, once become unwell, then discipline gone, diet gone and crap and munchie attack.

Starting walking again not far as still coughing up gunk, but feeling well enough to get metabolism working, so 2nd is my go to date as well. Get to the 6th is my first target.

After that should be good to go. Not holding my breath, each day as it goes. Good luck and best wishes to all about to start mind games with themselves.

I'm pushing 17 clem, as I was almost a year ago. Would like to be under 15 stone, probably closer to 14.
Hopped on the machine to get my vitals just before NY, will check in after 2 months or so.

17st 2lbs /109 kg
BMI 30.3
Body fat 30.7%
Ideal weight range 10st 7lbs to 14st 2lb.

I'm still tickled at the thought of what I'd look like at 10.5 stone. :D

I'm trying to build on my losses from 2018, peaked at 280lb (20 stone), down to 225 now, aiming for around 200 lbs which should be about right for my height (6'2)
About the same height as me, but I've always topped out at 17 odd no matter what I hoy down my neck.
I'm aiming for about 200 lb too.

Good luck with everything, superb progress from 280 to 225 for you.

Lost 2 stone in 7 months back in 2017 but piled it all back on last year getting lazy and eating out too much and getting comfortable in a new relationship.

Other half is a runner so aiming for a 10k later in the year but need to lose weight before that as it'll just fuck my knees up .

Aiming for 2 stone before holiday in August which is 1lb a week and doable.

I have a very active job which means days off I don't do a lot so I need to push meself to get out walking and hopefully build up the training from there.

Foodwise I have it locked down well during the week. The he comes on a weekend and I ruin it with snacks and takeaways. Also need to drink loads more water .

Petrified to weigh myself as I know I'm my heaviest I've ever been :cry:

I'm trying to kick myself back into fitness.

Lost weight before getting married 18months ago and hoyed it all back on and more. Working from home on set split shifts certainly didn't help my health or mental state.

Got myself out of that job now and have a holiday to look forward to in Sept which id like to lose 3 stone for. Other reasons that I'd like to be healthy again and is the biggest focus I'll have as we are looking to adopt and I don't want to be the fat mamma too embarrassed to run round the park or go swimming etc.

I've just started dry January and also RED January. In previous months I'd barely do any steps but in 2 days I've already done over 20k.
8hrs in Blackpool helped that mind!
Good luck in all you are doing to help yourself.

Back