Weight Loss 2019

Why a McDonalds?
We’ll be pushed for time, “will be a stop at somewhere on the way into Glasgow at 7pm” job.

I’m also of the opinion that I’m counting calories/macros and won’t deprive myself of something if it’ll fit with my targets so won’t insist we go out of our way to save 100 calories when I can adjust my lunch to suit.

Last edited:

We’ll be pushed for time, “will be a stop at somewhere on the way into Glasgow at 7pm” job.

I’m also of the opinion that I’m counting calories/macros and won’t deprive myself of something if it’ll fit with my targets so won’t insist we go out of our way to save 100 calories when I can adjust my lunch to suit.
Gan to a spoons. They're pretty quick

Well after my month long challenge at the gym(I know I'm a few days shy but I'm away for the weekend and have 2 days grafting at home) I'm down 15lb, I would have liked to have seen 5lb off this week given how hard I've pushed myself but only managed 3.8. My target was 12lb for the month so I'm still really pleased. Had a great increase in fitness this month, managing to keep up with people I couldn't previously. Next target: get down to 15st.

Picked up a pretty basic full body weights program that I do every time I'm at the gym (usually 4-5x per week), had a refeed and had about 3-4 cardio days since the quoted post and I'm 18 stone 3 as of this morning. Our lass' (no) birthday this weekend so we're going for a meal tomorrow night and a night out Saturday. Mentally prepared to be a few pounds heavier come Monday morning but also mentally prepared to push it to the limit next week. Happy with progress so far.

Turns out I'd been standing on my home scales far too wide, so been plotting 4-5lbs lighter than I should have been. September 19th I was 18 stone 7, weighed yesterday morning at 18 stone 4. Had about a weeks worth of crap days between (uncles funeral got bladdered and got takeaway which knocked on to the few days after, as well as last weekend), so progress is going relatively well considering. Picked up a short 3 mile run at the end of my weight sets so hopefully kick startthe fat loss again.

I hit 15stone 3 on the scales this morning, which is a stone down from my “wake up call” after my mate’s stag doo in the springtime and 8lbs since I started my new job 6 weeks ago.

One of the 4 T-shirt’s/polos I’ve not been able to wear for about 2 years went on this morning and now fits fine!

And for anyone wondering, I did have a McDonalds before the King Gizzard gig and still managed to stay within the day’s calories, although my Macros were out.

Last edited:
Was aiming for 18 stone flat by today after a massive push this week. Weighed in at 17 stone 12 so thoroughly buzzing with that. Deadlift 1 rep max attempt later with a full weights n cardio set. Going to Churchies for dinner with the other half like so will need to work that off tonight.

17 stone 10 today. Had two absolutely awful days between then and now and my body is visibly more defined than previously. I'll take that. Next goal is 17 stone flat by new year, if not 16.10.

Day 28 of diet (give or take a 4 day gap for travelling) and have lost 5.1 kilos (11 and 1/4 pounds). Body water was measured as low at the beginning, the weight having stayed level since a previous diet a year ago so hopefully it's all fat. Only 4 kilos/9 lbs to go and my weight will be officially 'normal'.

Well after becoming too content / complacent I've gotten to the point where my clothes are really tight / visually tight again. Fuming as I had gotten down a few stone and was in pretty good shape but a few months of not going to the gym or exercising often and eating / drinking pretty much what I like has me definitely over weight again, I reckon I've put 2 stone on if not more which is sickening.

Starting to go on walks again today, looking to walk 2 mile on my lunch at work then 2 mile again on an evening before I have my tea at home. With me being a big lad I'm expecting to burn 500 calories a day just by doing this. Is walking this distance every day going to make a noticeable different to my health / well being?

I'll also be cutting back on the shite foods and drink on a weekend as this has always been what's messed up my body so freshly cooked meals on weekends too now. Will be re-activating my Bannatyne membership after a 2 month freeze when I get posted to my new office in Durham at the end of the month. I used to lift weights 3x a day for 30-40 minutes then smash out 10 miles in 30 minutes on the exercise bike afterwards which always made me feel decent.

Here's to attempt #192 :lol:.

Well after becoming too content / complacent I've gotten to the point where my clothes are really tight / visually tight again. Fuming as I had gotten down a few stone and was in pretty good shape but a few months of not going to the gym or exercising often and eating / drinking pretty much what I like has me definitely over weight again, I reckon I've put 2 stone on if not more which is sickening.

Starting to go on walks again today, looking to walk 2 mile on my lunch at work then 2 mile again on an evening before I have my tea at home. With me being a big lad I'm expecting to burn 500 calories a day just by doing this. Is walking this distance every day going to make a noticeable different to my health / well being?

I'll also be cutting back on the shite foods and drink on a weekend as this has always been what's messed up my body so freshly cooked meals on weekends too now. Will be re-activating my Bannatyne membership after a 2 month freeze when I get posted to my new office in Durham at the end of the month. I used to lift weights 3x a day for 30-40 minutes then smash out 10 miles in 30 minutes on the exercise bike afterwards which always made me feel decent.

Here's to attempt #192 :lol:.
You need to make sure your walking in a brisk pace.

Still 17 stone 8. Body fat up .1% apparently too? I look and feel leaner so not too sure what to think. To be honest though, I'm happy around this weight. Would love to drop another stone and a half but no worries if not. I've turned my life around.

I shit what feels like about three days worth out after weighing myself so maybe lighter, who knows

Back