Weight Loss 2019

Started back this week as I had to take some forced time off from working out with both shoulder and knee injury. The shoulder injury is from being too aggressive with my training. I need to take it easy and move up in weights gradually. I do like lifting weights, but my body is not what it used to be and I have to treat it with more care than when I was young. The knee injury was from skateboarding and trying to show off to some kids (smh). But I felt good on Monday even though I did take off some of the weight that I was lifting. Will build back up, but will take my time doing it nice and slow this time.

Shoulder is 90% healed and knee around 80%. Going to go skateboarding on Sunday but I will take it nice and easy to test out the knee.

It's funny how I forget how old I am at times and still feel like an invincible 16 year old:lol:

Back on track lost 11 lbs since 31st March, happy. Back under 11 stone again, hard work mind, 8 lbs to reach target weight.

No rush set up to lose 1lb a week or fortnight, not bothering to rush it as long as loosing happy. Then to maintain, which is manageable, I feel as long as keep counting calories and exercising.

While keeping clear of lung infections which mess everything up. Just keep plodding on cut more carbs for proteins this week and some fats. Swap it round next week.

Like it, when it goes to plan.

Well after falling off the wagon due to illness, holidays and lack of motivation, I've restarted.

This week I've lost 2 pounds so I'm now 11 stone 12 pounds, basically I'm almost back where I started but at least I'm not heavier than I was and I've got the rest of the year to sort myself out.

You just pick yourself up fella and start again. At points my weight has gone up by a stone, but got it down again.

We all struggle, food is my comfort zone, so I still have little treats like chocolate, crisps and Ice Cream. But rather than cut everything out I count the calories.

I aim for 2000 calories, but average roughly 1800 a day, gone to 2000 with meals out but not above, so set up to lose a pound be that a week or fortnight not bothered. Under 11 Stone again so lost 11 pounds since 31st March.

You will do it fella, it used to encourage me reading of others doing it. You have started again lost your first 2 pounds, just keep it going.

Good luck on the journey fella.

Well after falling off the wagon due to illness, holidays and lack of motivation, I've restarted.

This week I've lost 2 pounds so I'm now 11 stone 12 pounds, basically I'm almost back where I started but at least I'm not heavier than I was and I've got the rest of the year to sort myself out.

I’ve had a bit of a wobble last couple of weeks, not fully fallen off the wagon but my weight loss has stagnated.

Key thing is don’t beat yourself up too much and don’t look at it as starting again either, you hit pause and now you’re ready to go again, you’ve got this!

I’ve had a bit of a wobble last couple of weeks, not fully fallen off the wagon but my weight loss has stagnated.

Key thing is don’t beat yourself up too much and don’t look at it as starting again either, you hit pause and now you’re ready to go again, you’ve got this!

Sometimes a break, starts your metabolism, going again. So no big deal, as long you carry on the process and don't give up.

Sometimes a break, starts your metabolism, going again. So no big deal, as long you carry on the process and don't give up.

Head right in the game again this week and I’ve maintained exercise throughout the food wobble so it hasn’t been as bad as when I’ve fallen off the wagon before so I’m not too worried.

Head right in the game again this week and I’ve maintained exercise throughout the food wobble so it hasn’t been as bad as when I’ve fallen off the wagon before so I’m not too worried.

Good on you fella, just keep on going.

According to a programme on internet, my weight can be from 9 stone 6lbs to 12 stone....only 5'7", problem is lost a lot of muscle as well on this diet.

Working to put muscle on but, illness restricts me going hammer and tongs like my head wants me too. Problem is still see myself as fat in the mirror, despite weight loss.;

Last edited:
Now down as at 10 Stone 8 pounds, lost a stone since 31st March.

5 pounds to reach target weight then perhaps take off another 3 pounds.

Have to have a serious think about it! Counting calories is working for me, not good for everyone, but use whatever works for you.

Good luck on your own journeys.

Well done lad, I’m the lowest weight I’ve been in about 5 years, long way to go but seeing slow and steady progress along side fitness and strength gains is great incentive to keep going.

21 stone 13 as of today. 39lbs off in total since February 6th with some proper shite periods inbetween. Starting to see and feel the difference. An old fella at work last night commented on me losing weight which is always lovely.

Well done fella, keep it going your doing great!

Great job!

Bloody hell monk you charge well done's by the amount of letter's to the dollar.:eek::rolleyes:

By the do you know why we flick people the v sign and you show the finger?:rolleyes:

It's to do with the exchange rate of the Pound to the Dollar :eek::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I've recently become a bit undisciplined with my eating. Having a little un in the house has made it a bit to easy to pick at rubbish that we never use to keep in the house. Put about 10lb on in around 6 months. Decided to give myfitnesspal a try and it's made me much more aware as I track all my food intake. I've stopped picking at shite and even when out in about I'll go for a healthy option snack in a coffee shop rather than a bit cake. Was bit shocked when I was finding out how many calories was in 'treat' I was having. Dropped about 5lb in a fortnight with it.

I've recently become a bit undisciplined with my eating. Having a little un in the house has made it a bit to easy to pick at rubbish that we never use to keep in the house. Put about 10lb on in around 6 months. Decided to give myfitnesspal a try and it's made me much more aware as I track all my food intake. I've stopped picking at shite and even when out in about I'll go for a healthy option snack in a coffee shop rather than a bit cake. Was bit shocked when I was finding out how many calories was in 'treat' I was having. Dropped about 5lb in a fortnight with it.
snacking is probably my biggest problem. Will look into MyFitnessPal for sure. Thanks for that.

Still going on diet, not losing weight at the minute, put fat is going and I am starting to put on muscle slowly.

To be honest, not bothered about weight as such it has always been about the fat for me, so if my weight goes up, but end up with no fat, will be happy with that.

Gone

From 17. 5 collar size to 15 inch neck
From 44 inch chest to 38 inch chest
From 41 inch wait to 30.5 inch waist.

Weight fluctuates between 10 stone 8 to 11 stone and fine with that, as now replacing muscle which I lost along with the fat.

Seen by a paramedic yesterday, Chest infection getting worse, antibiotics, I was on not strong enough or wrong type. Started on two different strong one three times a day. Hopefully will be on the mend soon.

Last edited:

Back